Baylor was great | The Boneyard

Baylor was great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brittney Griner is amazing, she just alters what you want to do on offense so much that teams panic around her. He offense has improved so much. Odesy Simms is also stone cold. They both have a deadpan look on there face like they know there the best. You can't teach that. I was looking forward to a match up with them in the final. Just wanted to give them a shootout. I am so impressed by them, and they add Alexis Prince next year. They are gonna be down right nasty. I look forward to a couple of good games with them next year. The only way you beat them, is with a true scorer at every position and we will have that next year, so at least we have a chance. Great season Uconn women and come on Diamon Deshields join the huskies soon.

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
im glad we will have a senior laden team next year to battle with your huskies... it will be tough.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
im glad we will have a senior laden team next year to battle with your huskies... it will be tough.
Those (I imagine 2) are gonna be some good games.

Reaction Score
Baylor was great watching in the Final Four, but I was surprised Brittney wasn't passed to more often.. Going to be fun next year, hoping Geno can come up with a great game plan, or 2, or 3...

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I thought Baylor threw their A game at ND....bigtime performances by Brittney and her supporting cast.
Stanford played excellent defense in the semis....Baylor had 57? If The Cardinal had hit open trey shots decently it would have been a nail-biter.
If they had shot well from deep they would have won....imo.
Tara has gone to the final 4 now 5 times running....with zero rings. Yikes!

Next year...THE game of the regular season....Baylor at UConn....what a treat!
Do we know a date for that one? Or just in general...is it early or in the middle of the season. I know Kim
was trying to avoid non-conference biggies in January/February. Geno doesn't seem to mind them.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I think they settled on a date in Feb.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Sometime in December (I think), I posted that Baylor was the prohibitive favorite for this year and next. So far, much to the protestations of some, I have been proven correct.

Baylor will be the prohibitive favorites next year, barring injuries. That doesn't mean that UConn can't beat them, but the stars will have to be correctly aligned for that to happen.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Sat in front of a newbie to basketball Baylor fan. She was very cute. Joined by a friend on Tues, who then made the comment of the tourney during a timeout where the Bayor band/cheerleaders/dance team were performing: "I never thought I'd see Baylor girls dancing like that!" :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sat in front of a newbie to basketball Baylor fan. She was very cute. Joined by a friend on Tues, who then made the comment of the tourney during a timeout where the Bayor band/cheerleaders/dance team were performing: "I never thought I'd see Baylor girls dancing like that!" :)
That's right, I always forget about Baylor's Baptist connection.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tara has gone to the final 4 now 5 times running....with zero rings. Yikes!

4 teams now have 5 consecutive Final Fours. I think the records are:

UConn 2000-04: 8 wins, 1 loss, 4 titles

UConn 2008-12: 4 wins, 3 losses, 2 titles

Stanford 2008-12: 2 wins, 5 losses, 0 titles

LSU 2004-08: 0 wins, 5 losses, 0 titles

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

That is funny. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc