Baylor vs Texas on right now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor vs Texas on right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Why are you so down on Texas? I'll admit I don't watch them, but the new coach seems to have recruited a solid freshman class and I'd not be surprised to see them beat Baylor NEXT year. Without Griner, Hayden, Pope, Williams and Madden, I still think Baylor struggles to remain in the top 25...
They should have been at least marginally better this year by default. After starting off pretty well, they've just been horrendous. They lost nine games in a row at one point.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Griner passed Miller and Holdsclaw. She's 6 points shy of Maya. After Monday, I respect her less.

Texas is 10-16 overall and 3-12 in conference. Gail's record looks stellar in comparison.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For anyone wondering if Kim is trying to help Griner get the career scoring record, she had BG play 37 minutes in a 20-point win.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Giner deserves it... she's special. Yeah I know we dont like that she's beating UConn but she's something we will not see for a long time in college basketball

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
For anyone wondering if Kim is trying to help Griner get the career scoring record, she had BG play 37 minutes in a 20-point win.
Kelly played 33 minutes in a 60 point blowout so she could get her 1000th point in front of the home crowd on senior night. It's a nice move on the part of both coaches for seniors that have been so important to their respective programs.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Giner deserves it... she's special. Yeah I know we dont like that she's beating UConn but she's something we will not see for a long time in college basketball

Cold this morning? Stirring the fire?

Courtney Paris benefited from the same thing, and there must be others....

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Playing 37 minutes had nothing to do with chasing a record. UT cut the lead to 12 at one point in the second half. If the lead is under 20 BG stays in. Sims played 35 minutes.

Baylor also had multiple recruits in attendance, as well as 80+ former Baylor players. I would expect Kim to play the core group most of the game, especially BG, with so many special guests. It was a big day as the team also cut the nets and celebrated a Big 12 title.

Recruits in attendance:
2013: Small
2014: Turner, Bulgak(6-4 forward and former UNC verbal now at Trinity Valley CC), Schlonte Allen 6-0 PG also at TVCC) Keyanna Harris (6-0 guard, HG #46)
2015: McCowan (now reported as 6-8 by her HS coach)
2016: Mikaela Wilson, Lauren Cox (6-4 wing/post)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Cold this morning? Stirring the fire?

Courtney Paris benefited from the same thing, and there must be others....

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
Im not stirring anything... just saying lets not act like Griner isnt special. Just about everyone expect them to win the championship again.

lets stop fooling ourselves

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Im not stirring anything... just saying lets not act like Griner isnt special. Just about everyone expect them to win the championship again.

While I agree about Griner, I don't agree with your statement that anyone is saying that Griner isnt special or that Baylor is the favorite to win it all. Or with posters teling other poster what to do.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
While I agree about Griner, I don't agree with your statement that anyone is saying that Griner isnt special or that Baylor is the favorite to win it all. Or with posters teling other poster what to do.
ok

Reaction Score

SOP for some posters

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

naaa...you're stirring, like always. No one here said anything about Griner not being special. It was more along the lines of what was done to get her to eclipse the 3000 point mark in that particular game. Not a singer though was posted that she wasn't very good, wasn't very special, or that she had anger issues....whoops....well, two out of three.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
naaa...you're stirring, like always. No one here said anything about Griner not being special. It was more along the lines of what was done to get her to eclipse the 3000 point mark in that particular game. Not a singer though was posted that she wasn't very good, wasn't very special, or that she had anger issues....whoops....well, two out of three.

I'm confused on this comment. What was done to get her to eclipse the 3,000 point mark in that particular game?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

This post was the original comment, and my comment was in response to DC's nose tweaking posts...seriously.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This post was the original comment, and my comment was in response to DC's nose tweaking posts...seriously.

That's why I was confused since BG hit the 3,000 mark in the UCONN game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm being serious. It sounded like RadyLady thought that BG was played extended minutes in the Texas game to get her to 3,000.
No, she wasn't saying that. She was observing the nature of a previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom