Baylor in trouble again, vs TN-Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Baylor leads 21-20 with about 10 minutes left in the first half

No Sims

THC

Reaction Score
I wonder who's more valuable to the Lady Bear's? Sims or Griner?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Sims is the key to this team....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have no idea how good Tennessee-Martin is, but it's not an impressive win by Baylor. I get that they were up by as many as 24, but if you put in the "subs" and the other team cuts 10 points off the lead, that doesn't bode well for how good they will be post Griner etc.

It's odd - I get they are without Simms, but when Baylor loses Griner, Williams, Pope, Hayden and Madden, I'm not sure they will even be in the top 20 next year.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I have no idea how good Tennessee-Martin is, but it's not an impressive win by Baylor. I get that they were up by as many as 24, but if you put in the "subs" and the other team cuts 10 points off the lead, that doesn't bode well for how good they will be post Griner etc.

It's odd - I get they are without Simms, but when Baylor loses Griner, Williams, Pope, Hayden and Madden, I'm not sure they will even be in the top 20 next year.

I agree. Baylor looks completely out of sync right now and probably wouldn't have beaten Stanford tonight, either.

Sims' absence is going to be a blessing in disguise. Other players are going to have a chance to step up the longer she is out. Madden is playing really well and with confidence and Prince had a good game tonight with 13 points. Sounds like she was shooting with confidence.

On a side note, BG broke Parker's record of seven dunks by throwing down her eighth after apparently spinning around her defender and driving to the basket. It is supposed to be shown on Sportscenter after the NCAA football highlights.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree. Baylor looks completely out of sync right now and probably wouldn't have beaten Stanford tonight, either.

Sims' absence is going to be a blessing in disguise. Other players are going to have a chance to step up the longer she is out. Madden is playing really well and with confidence and Prince had a good game tonight with 13 points. Sounds like she was shooting with confidence.

On a side note, BG broke Parker's record of seven dunks by throwing down her eighth after apparently spinning around her defender and driving to the basket. It is supposed to be shown on Sportscenter after the NCAA football highlights.
that's actually a great point. UCONN is without Hartley and it's forcing Banks and Jefferson to step up. I really think it will help Baylor later in the year. I love that Griner can dunk with ease and shows how it's SUPPOSED to look (not like Parker's dribbles over the rim of the basket)...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have no idea how good Tennessee-Martin is, but it's not an impressive win by Baylor. .

They aren't a bad team at all, probably a better team than Chattanooga ;) They have been in the NCAA's the past few years. They came down to Cameron in the first round back in 2011.. and played tough for a half. They have a really good high scoring backcourt.. and they like to shoot the 3.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
BTW Triad... I noticed Williams played 8 minutes tonite. Is she ok? It wouldn't be a bad thing if she were out early too which would give any post newbies a chance to really grow up quickly....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
BTW Triad... I noticed Williams played 8 minutes tonite. Is she ok? It wouldn't be a bad thing if she were out early too which would give any post newbies a chance to really grow up quickly....

From reports she was of course rusty. Ive read they wanted to limit her to 10 minutes of action... she played 11. Unfortunately we dont have any post newbies to play. Our freshman Heckman tore her ACL and will redshirt.. and Redshirt Freshman Henson still hasnt been cleared to play.

Duke plays again in about 13 hours at 2pm... hopefully EW will be ab;e to play in that game as well.

Reaction Score
Only 8? Is that all the hype has amounted too?

Reaction Score

Actually I was surprised to see that she played! She hadnt played in the last 2 exhibition games! I thought she wouldnt even be playing till Dec. Thought it has been related to fully recovering from the Stress Fracture of the foot.

Isnt Wells out also? Along with Henson recovering from last years ACL, and Jackson? Heckman kid out for the season. Alot of injuries and those recovering from
Ira

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I love it! Great video of the dunk. She did it with such ease. No one comes close to her ability to do that in the women's game.....ever!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I love it! Great video of the dunk. She did it with such ease. No one comes close to her ability to do that in the women's game.....ever!

I hope that when Stewart develops a comfort level on the team that we see the same thing from her. I think that the efficiency that we are going to see from her is going to be something that we may have never witnessed in WCBB before. I think BG is the most dominant player in WCBB to date. I fully believe that Stewart has the chance to go down as the greatest player in WCBB history. I am super excited about seeing her play today! I hope she drops 30 on TAMU and blocks 10 shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom