Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
G Trinity Oliver 5'9"

3-star recruit from Hoopgurlz
not in Prospects top 100

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I saw this on 4 other boards before this even came up on the Baylor board. Even their fans are like... who?

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Trinity Oliver is in the ESPNU Hoopgirlz Top 100 (not sure on the ranking though). As a junior she averaged 25.2 points per game, 10.8 rebounds, 4.2 steals and shot 73.2% from the free-throw line. She was named 7-6A Most Valuable Player and was named to the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches 6A all-state team last year. What I hear from my Baylor friends, she is a dark horse and not well known as she is really just putting herself out there this off season. Sounds like a good pickup for Baylor.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Trinity Oliver is in the ESPNU Hoopgirlz Top 100 (not sure on the ranking though). As a junior she averaged 25.2 points per game, 10.8 rebounds, 4.2 steals and shot 73.2% from the free-throw line. She was named 7-6A Most Valuable Player and was named to the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches 6A all-state team last year. What I hear from my Baylor friends, she is a dark horse and not well known as she is really just putting herself out there this off season. Sounds like a good pickup for Baylor.
Do they have a 100 out for 2017? I was pretty sure it only went to 60... Also, her cousin already verballed to Baylor Jordyn Oliver (2019) so looks like they will play togther.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
We've seen this one coming for a while. Lots of folks are very high on Trinity but I don't know much more about her other than what some of the Baylor fans have said. Maybe a little insurance to make sure that Jordyn doesn't change her mind between now and 2019? Jordyn is pretty highly ranked in her class.

Jordyn Oliver - Hoopgurlz Analysis
Off-guard brings consistent mid-range game production to the back court; handles and passes in transition; triple-threat attack delivers off the bounce, gets respect to the arc; an elite guard in the class of 2019. (Olson)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
CsmMIXNUsAAjreH.jpg

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sorry, Checkmate. I didn't see your post before I started the new thread. Thrilled to finally have Morris pull the trigger on her Baylor announcement. It took a while to get her on board but this is major news for the Baylor program as you need a top PG to compete at the highest level.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
UConn's 14 Mikayla Coombs has higher rank then 18 Alexis Morris in ESPN 2017 HoopGuriz.

2017 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100 - ESPN

We only pay attention to Prospects Nation when it is in Baylor's favor. PN has Morris at # 5 and Coombs at 23.

Hoopgurlz previously had Morris in the top 5 or 6 and soured on her for some reason. Some say that during summer ball that the AAU coach moved Morris to shooting guard and had Carter at PG, which hurt Morris' performance. She is a true PG, not a shooting guard.

Number 5 or 18, Baylor is thrilled to have a top rated PG on the roster for 2017.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You are right. And Lexi Gordon is #20.

2017 Players | Prospects Nation

And PN has Richards at 8....

So that would be Baylor with 5 and 8 according to PN, and UCONN with 20 and 23. I am not sure...is this a competition of some sort?

Let's face it, these numbers are great for fans to talk about but don't mean a hill of beans once the girls get into college and start playing. Then you find the #52 players like Nina Davis who surprise you with their talents and top 10 HS ranked players who never live up to their rankings.

I would say that both UCONN and Baylor have very fine classes developing for 2017. AND, I hear that UCONN is still in the running for some player named Walker, who is supposed to be pretty good.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wasn't Morris always suspected of going to Baylor?? I think when she committed to UCLA there was a collective gasp from Baylor fans. I am glad she got it right.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Wasn't Morris always suspected of going to Baylor?? I think when she committed to UCLA there was a collective gasp from Baylor fans. I am glad she got it right.

Yes, and so was Brianna Turner, and Alexis Jones. Jones got it right eventually, also. Turner is still a lost soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom