Battle For Atlantis | The Boneyard

Battle For Atlantis

Reaction Score
With the Bahamas at threat level 4 for COVID-19 is anyone who already booked thinking about cancelling?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My wife and I booked our trip months ago, when it looked like the situation would be much better. Right now we’re on the fence whether to cancel or not. We will probably make our decision by early October.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have the air and lodging reservations, but not tickets yet. I plan to go, if allowed and if the team shows up, but I'll be very careful. If anyone has an extra ticket, let me know.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If it's that bad the players should not go no need to ruin a season over a tournament that can be played somewhere else
That’s what happened in 2019 when the Paradise Jam was moved from St Thomas, USVI to Myrtle Beach, SC.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Has anyone applied for the Bahamas Travel Health Visa?
It’s supposed to take approximately 48 hrs for the Bahamas to process a Travel Health Visa, and there is a fee. If we decide to go, I would fill out the application a week or so in advance.

Reaction Score
It’s supposed to take approximately 48 hrs for the Bahamas to process a Travel Health Visa, and there is a fee. If we decide to go, I would fill out the application a week or so in advance.
Simon Rex Good Luck GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
They could always play it here in Vegas, I'd love to get tickets to see all of the games. :rolleyes: Just a thought!
Serg, I like the way you think!!! I hear Vegas is lovely that time of year. At only 225 miles away, that is a trip I'd definitely make. ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Folks, COVID is an odd little virus. A lot can change between now and the first game. Don't give up hope.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
My wife and I booked our trip months ago, when it looked like the situation would be much better. Right now we’re on the fence whether to cancel or not. We will probably make our decision by early October.
Be careful.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Folks, COVID is an odd little virus. A lot can change between now and the first game. Don't give up hope.
I hope it turns around, but it’ll have to be soon. The Bahamas is a mess right now. They’ve just voted out their president for his failure to manage the pandemic. Tourism is down 20%, only 16% of the country is fully vaccinated and the current positivity rate is at 25%.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
We're in the Bahamas now, spent 3 nights in Nassau.
The Gvt is careful, businesses are careful at least as careful as the states, no issues with masks and such.
We spend most of our time outdoors out in the boonies
I would summarize it as being way safer than the states.

The Bahamas health passport site is a little difficult to comprehend but they have a vendor
handling it rather than the Gvt and the process, once you figure out how to negotiate it is quite fast and efficient.

About sitting in an indoor stadium in the age of covid...I'll pass... Nassau, Spanish Wells or Storrs.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Sounds about the same as us, have airline tickets ,room and game tickets. Only thing not refundable is the game tickets. Going to hold out until the last minute...
I hope it turns around, but it’ll have to be soon. The Bahamas is a mess right now. They’ve just voted out their president for his failure to manage the pandemic. Tourism is down 20%, only 16% of the country is fully vaccinated and the current positivity rate is at 25%.
OD, if you are able to make the trip, we sure would appreciate one fan’s perspective (thoughts) like you’ve been doing after each game. If these games are pay-per-view only, some of us won’t pony up the cash to watch. We’ll have to look at the box scores and read the post game summaries that hopefully will be available.

Reaction Score
Sounds about the same as us, have airline tickets ,room and game tickets. Only thing not refundable is the game tickets. Going to hold out until the last minute...
I’m with you HFB!

Reaction Score
Personally, being vaccinated and with a mask I would go. Bahamas is doing much better than the U.S or UK . I go to "our world in data" to view the situation. Also, I am under 65, and the virus is much more deadly for those over 75

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Personally, being vaccinated and with a mask I would go. Bahamas is doing much better than the U.S or UK . I go to "our world in data" to view the situation. Also, I am under 65, and the virus is much more deadly for those over 75
Agree that being vaccinated and wearing a mask substantially reduces the risk. As for the Bahamas doing better than the US, I’m not so sure. With only 16% of Bahamans fully vaccinated and a 25% positivity rate, along with the CDC classifying the Bahamas at Level 4, as in do not travel there, it certainly is cause for concern…..and I’m saying that as someone who has flight and room reservations along with tickets to the games.

Reaction Score
Agree that being vaccinated and wearing a mask substantially reduces the risk. As for the Bahamas doing better than the US, I’m not so sure. With only 16% of Bahamans fully vaccinated and a 25% positivity rate, along with the CDC classifying the Bahamas at Level 4, as in do not travel there, it certainly is cause for concern…..and I’m saying that as someone who has flight and room reservations along with tickets to the games.
We just went to Mexico at an all-inclusive that was pretty busy. Masks were required unless you were outside and distanced. There were no issues and people were all masked. We are 65, recovered from Covid and fully vaxxed. We want to come too - it would be a terrific event for WBB. In fact, I would say it might be THE premier WBB tournament. I can't think of of another tournament with so many top teams participating. Let's all hope it's a safe go for the women and the fans.

Carnac

Reaction Score
One thought is……if the games proceed, we can assume the environment is safe enough for the players and coaches to attend. No coach is going to put his/her team in harm’s way. If I had tickets and plane reservations, that would be my guide.

If it’s not safe enough for the players, it will be moved to a location on the mainland, probably somewhere in Florida. Everyone involved in this tournament wants it to be played.

The organizers will make it happen, one way or the other. No doubt they are monitoring the Covid threat level daily, and have a contingency plan if they need to employ it.

These games will probably only be available via pay-per-view live stream, so get your wallet out and prepare to pony up. None of us want to miss those games.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
One thought is……if the games proceed, we can assume the environment is safe enough for the players and coaches to attend. No coach is going to put his/her team in harm’s way. If I had tickets and plane reservations, that would be my guide.

If it’s not safe enough for the players, it will be moved to a location on the mainland, probably somewhere in Florida. Everyone involved in this tournament wants it to be played.

The organizers will make it happen, one way or the other. No doubt they are monitoring the Covid threat level daily, and have a contingency plan if they need to employ it.

These games will probably only be available via pay-per-view live stream, so get your wallet out and prepare to pony up. None of us want to miss those games.
Maybe we will get lucky and one of the major sports channels will pony up the money because of the tournament having 4 ranked teams out of 8. Plus having the championship game being most likely UConn vs SC or Oregon would be better than most of the other games that the networks would have so early in the season. One can only wish.:D

Reaction Score

FLORIDA will be much safer than The Bahamas. :eek::eek::eek: And I agree - you know Dawn and Geno are going to make sure it's a safe environment. If it's not safe for fans they will have to make a sort of bubble for the teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom