Battle 4 Atlantis | The Boneyard

Battle 4 Atlantis

Reaction Score
Will tickets likely sell out?
How would bracketing work if we contractually are not allowed to play South Carolina and (I think) USF?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It’s not a cheap trip. Whether or not tickets sell out probably depends on how well we are all doing in controlling the virus. You can buy tickets through the resort website.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Will tickets likely sell out?
How would bracketing work if we contractually are not allowed to play South Carolina and (I think) USF?
Sorry to be unknowing...
Please explain: "contractually are not allowed to play South Carolina and (I think) USF?"

I have no idea what you're talking (writing) about.

Reaction Score
Has anyone registered and gotten tickets. I’m interested in going.

Reaction Score
Sorry to be unknowing...
Please explain: "contractually are not allowed to play South Carolina and (I think) USF?"

I have no idea what you're talking (writing) about.
What they are saying is that because Uconn has a contract to play South Carolina and Oregon (not USF) during the season next year, Uconn can't play them in the Battle of Atlantis due to a contract clause that says Uconn can't play these teams during a pre-season tournament. Mentions it in this article here:

Reaction Score
What they are saying is that because Uconn has a contract to play South Carolina and Oregon (not USF) during the season next year, Uconn can't play them in the Battle of Atlantis due to a contract clause that says Uconn can't play these teams during a pre-season tournament. Mentions it in this article here:

That is absolutely bizarre. We won’t be playing 2 of the other top teams in the country? How and the heck will we be able to play in the tournament championship game?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The linked article referencing Carl’s misstated the teams, and @jpp13 did reference them correctly of who we might play but here is what I know the full 8 to be:
Oregon (contract issue)
South Carolina (contract issue)
USF- South Florida
Minnesota
Buffalo
Oklahoma
Syracuse
Connecticut

The aspect of balancing power between two groups of 4 ranking next years relative strength 1-8 along with contract considerations looks something like this:
Group 1 #1. UConn with #4 Syracuse, #5 USF, #8 Minnesota
Group 2 #2. SC with #3. Oregon, #6 Oklahoma, #7 Buffalo

Now, of course they could swap #7 with #8 as the Big Ten May complain that Minnesota is being disrespected but so be it....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The linked article referencing Carl’s misstated the teams, and @jpp13 did reference them correctly of who we might play but here is what I know the full 8 to be:
Oregon (contract issue)
USF- South Florida
Minnesota
Buffalo
Oklahoma
Syracuse
Connecticut

The aspect of balancing power between two groups of 4 ranking next years relative strength 1-8 along with contract considerations looks something like this:

Now, of course they could swap #7 with #8 as the Big Ten May complain that Minnesota is being disrespected but so be it....
U of Minn fans could finally get to see Paige on the court with the Golden Gophers, although not exactly in the way they had hoped for........

Reaction Score
Oregon (contract issue)
USF- South Florida
Minnesota
Buffalo
Oklahoma
Syracuse
Connecticut

Does group 1 winner play group 2 winner for the championship?

Reaction Score
Or they might have two champions. A Group A champion and a Group B champion (or whatever they call the groups).

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Yes, my wife and I booked the trip the day after getting our 1st vaccinations.
Can you give us a clue on the cost?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You can get rooms for as cheap as $180/night, or a lot more than that if you want. Bahamas Hotel & VAT taxes add another 23%. Not renting a car. You can take the shuttle from the airport to the resort. Airfare is what it is from wherever you’re flying from. There are several different options for tickets. I purchased 2 tickets at mid-court for the full tournament package. I think they ran around $250/ticket.

Reaction Score
You can google 2021 Battle4Atlantis... or maybe 2021womens Battle4Atlantis to get details about the Atlantis Resort and the event... link provided on BY about a month ago when this was first announced.

Costs will vary greatly depending on your choice of hotel...Atlantis has rooms for "decent" price to big time luxury price... it depends on your desires. Other nearby hotels cheaper. But not as nice or same amenities. Nassau is very beautiful...tons of stuff to do at Atlantis.

The question reminded me of a day on my first Coast Guard ship. The Captain had a RV...he had to drive it to work one day because his car was in shop for maintenance. A crew member asked him what he got for gas mileage? He replied, if you gave to ask that, you can't afford it.

Not that you wont be able to afford the trip to Battle4Atlantis... think about it as a great getaway after all this Covid lockdown stuff. Have a great time. Watch some great basket ball by the 2021-2022 version on the Huskeys!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You can get rooms for as cheap as $180/night, or a lot more than that if you want. Bahamas Hotel & VAT taxes add another 23%. Not renting a car. You can take the shuttle from the airport to the resort. Airfare is what it is from wherever you’re flying from. There are several different options for tickets. I purchased 2 tickets at mid-court for the full tournament package. I think they ran around $250/ticket.
Can you buy tickets without also buying a hotel package? If yes, how? I haven't seen a link.

I'm seeing several decent looking Airbnb and VRBO options within a 10 minute walk, a couple on or with direct beach access.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Can you buy tickets without also buying a hotel package? If yes, how? I haven't seen a link.

I'm seeing several decent looking Airbnb and VRBO options within a 10 minute walk, a couple on or with direct beach access.
Don’t know. I booked the room first and then was directed to the Resort’s Special Events page where I purchased tickets.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So it's round robin, not bracketed, with no champion named? That is kinda odd.
I believe this is more of a “showcase“ than a tournament where a champion is crowned. You’re guaranteed 3 games. In the preseason, you’re just trying to play as many games against different teams as you can. You’re not concerned about championships or trophies at that point. You want to see all of your players and what they can do in game conditions.

Reaction Score
I believe this is more of a “showcase“ than a tournament where a champion is crowned. You’re guaranteed 3 games. In the preseason, you’re just trying to play as many games against different teams as you can. You’re not concerned about championships or trophies at that point. You want to see all of your players and what they can do in game conditions.
Yes, I've now read that. Two different groups of four. Everybody plays three games. Each group has a champion based on best record or tiebrakers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom