Batouly | The Boneyard

Batouly

Reaction Score
I've read two articles recently by Hartford Courant beat writer Paul Doyle that relates to players out of the lineup due to injury or illness. Specifically Gabby and Lou. No mention is made about the status of Batouly but he states that getting Gabby and Lou back would bring the Huskies back to full strength. It seems to me that Batouly has fallen off the radar screen. Maybe I'm reading to much into it? Maybe I've missed the updates?

Reaction Score
Looks like she's just too far behind to make an impact this year.
I'm sure she's quite disappointed, poor lady.:(

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I am not sure I would give up on her for the year. As far as I understand, her game is rebounding and toughness and those skill's are easier to get going than offensive efficiency etc. Of course, there is a cutoff where it just wont work and I guess she would be red shirted.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I hope that’s not the case. There’s 10 days between the game tonight and the Huskies next game vs OK. While that period of time also includes final exams, Geno has a positive view about getting back to practice in the same place for 10 straight days. Hopefully, if Batouly is healthy, she, along with the other freshmen will be given an opportunity to work into the rotation.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I am not sure I would give up on her for the year. As far as I understand, her game is rebounding and toughness and those skill's are easier to get going than offensive efficiency etc. Of course, there is a cutoff where it just wont work and I guess she would be red shirted.
Batouly can not be redshirted a second time, unless she has some type of season ending injury, subject to a petition by UConn to the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Read that her return is still up in the air. I don't think she's been written off, but just that her injury was severe, more than we thought, and given the continued delays in her return, worse than the coaching staff realized as well.

I don't think that anyone questions her talent. Fingers crossed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Pleanty of season left for Batouly to make and impact and contribute. Conference play has not started yet and unlike some past years UCONN has 3 potentially competitive games ( Texas, SC, & Louisville) during the conference portion of the season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Pleanty of season left for Batouly to make and impact and contribute. Conference play has not started yet and unlike some past years UCONN has 3 potentially competitive games ( Texas, SC, & Louisville) during the conference portion of the season.
Would really like to have Batouly ready to go for the SC & TX games, if for no other reason than to have someone else to bang down low to keep Z, Pheesa & Gabby out of foul trouble.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Would really like to have Batouly ready to go for the SC & TX games, if for no other reason than to have someone else to bang down low to keep Z, Pheesa & Gabby out of foul trouble.
UCONN has a 6'3" guard/forward who should be helping to rebound. Stewart had to do it and so should KLS , when her ankle heals.

Reaction Score
Yes, but KLS is not a post player. I would like to have Batouly as an extra post to body up the likes of A’ja Wilson & Joyner Holmes
+1
Batouly able to give 15-20 solid minutes with ribbies, a body against Wilson or any other post, and few offensive mistakes would be solid gold for this year, and allow her to build on it for the next 2 years when she will have essential minutes.

Reaction Score
Didn't Geno say she was cleared by medical staff weeks ago, but that being physically versus mentally ready to play are two different things?

Reaction Score
Good point.

Reaction Score
I'm late to the board tonight and this is a moot point - I saw her during shoot around and she looked good. Great mid-range jumper. She was consistently knocking them down.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Really intrigued with Batouly. I want to see more minutes for BatCam. Hope she can be the answer to big, physical teams to take some pressure of Z & Pheesa

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not sure why she would want to redshirt....that would be 6 years in college...sorta like Blutarsky in Animal House
I thought DePaul had a couple of players a few years ago who were nearly eligible for social security. :D

Reaction Score
Seeing her play, even for limited time at the end of the game, I was impressed with how she handled herself. She seemed confident, moved well and made good decisions with the ball. I can see her slotting into the rotation for sure. Wish her the best, I know she has put in a lot of work so it's great to see her in a game.

Reaction Score
I got rather teary eyed when I saw #32 was in the game! I can only imagine the joy she felt to be back on the court able to do the things that give her self worth and commitment! It's been a long journey from transfer to injured to playing respectably once again!
I saw a lot of Batouly at KY and when healthy she will be a huge help in the post and will surprise Byers with her soft shot when she gets back into game shape!
Welcome back Ms. Camara!

Reaction Score
Really intrigued with Batouly. I want to see more minutes for BatCam. Hope she can be the answer to big, physical teams to take some pressure of Z & Pheesa
Thrilled but surprised to see Batouly. Didn't expect her to be so thin. Seemed to have a sense for basket that should serve her well if she can get some more time. Predict she will begin taking minutes from Irwin once she gets in game shape due to upside.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom