Batouly signs with Bembibre | The Boneyard

Batouly signs with Bembibre

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
How wonderful. The english translation is brutal but this UConn sentiment comes through

HShe comes from the most prestigious university and any player she (i.e Geno) recruits has special characteristics. She has not enjoyed many minutes, but being in that team has merit, "specifies the composer, who maintains that" it is a guarantee that she has been well trained, that she has a sports culture. "

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
How wonderful. The english translation is brutal but this UConn sentiment comes through

HShe comes from the most prestigious university and any player she (i.e Geno) recruits has special characteristics. She has not enjoyed many minutes, but being in that team has merit, "specifies the composer, who maintains that" it is a guarantee that she has been well trained, that she has a sports culture. "

Hoping this ideology also helps Kyla find a European team!

Reaction Score
Batouly's book

61YNf1KSyfL._SX260_.jpg

I saw this on Amazon. I bought 2 copies to donate to my school library.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

It's always fascinating, sometimes morbidly so, to see what Google spits out.

Just a few precisiones on this passage:
  • Geno is not named or alluded to in the article, so the phrase Google rendered as "any player she recruits" is actually referring to the university: more like "any player it recruits" (or "they recruit", more colloquially).

• Where Google yielded "she has been well trained", this really should have been rendered from context as "she has been well coached" (the verb entrenar can mean to train or to coach, depending on context). I guess there's our allusion to the unnamed Geno :)

• The chuckler in this passage was the use of "composer" to translate compostelo, which is the demonym for someone born in Santiago de Compostela, referring in this case to Batouly's new coach.

Reaction Score
I don’t know about Kyla’s ability to play pro ball but I would put money on it that she would make a very good coach. If she starts down that path she could have a long and illustrious career. Just wish her all the best in what ever she does.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I don’t know about Kyla’s ability to play pro ball but I would put money on it that she would make a very good coach. If she starts down that path she could have a long and illustrious career. Just wish her all the best in what ever she does.

The team that signed Batouly also signed a girl who played for Drake. Now, I’m not knocking Drake, but I would argue that she would have been leading their team last year (both on and off the court).

We tend to think less about the basketball abilities of the women who are way down the bench, but don’t always consider how good they have to be to sit there in the first place...

Reaction Score
Batouly having citizenship from an African country means that she does not count against the stricter foreign player limit and a few other European leagues so that will always give her more options.

There are lots of leagues that pay Americans to play, even though some obviously do not pay much or have that high level of competition. Meghan Gardler was rather successful in Luxembourg.

Playing professionally, even for a little while, before becoming a graduate assistant or slowly working your way up the basketball operations ladder, can be a great benefit when it comes time to coach at a high level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom