Batouly Report | The Boneyard

Batouly Report

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Sophomore forward Batouly Camara, a transfer from Kentucky, will not be available for Sunday’s regular season opener against Stanford in Columbus, Ohio.

Camara has been out with a bone bruise in her right knee. She is still wearing a brace, although she was shooting and riding a stationary bike during practice Friday.

She is expected to be back within the next week, but her availability is yet to be determined. Camara (6-2) averaged 5.1 points and 4.3 rebounds as a sophomore at Kentucky two years ago."

UConn Women Land Christyn Williams, Top High School Recruit In Nation

I'll rest easier when she's back and playing.

Reaction Score
bone bruise is far from the worst news....

I can't wait to see her play and watch her develop a real presence underneath.

But let's be honest here, nothing's changed since last year when Pheesa and Gabby handled most of the underneath stuff, except that Lou has gotten a bit better at it. Oh yeah, minor detail: Natalie's been replaced by Z. Probably enough to just squeeze by.....

Reaction Score
Batouly Camara will be a great asset around the basket getting offensive and defensive rebounds and scoring 10 & 15 points!
Here's hoping she's closer to coming back to game strength!

I don't think there is any chance that she averages anything close to 15pts. Barring anything unforeseen she won't get the minutes. I would guess she will average around 6 pts and 4 rbs.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
"Sophomore forward Batouly Camara, a transfer from Kentucky, will not be available for Sunday’s regular season opener against Stanford in Columbus, Ohio.

Camara has been out with a bone bruise in her right knee. She is still wearing a brace, although she was shooting and riding a stationary bike during practice Friday.

She is expected to be back within the next week, but her availability is yet to be determined. Camara (6-2) averaged 5.1 points and 4.3 rebounds as a sophomore at Kentucky two years ago."

Two years ago Camara was a freshman.

Reaction Score

I'd normally say thank you for this---but this stinks. Not you, the situation with Touly. Every game not played sets her back in Team Chemistry. See--last year's injuries to Danger!! I have great hopes that Touly will give respite to to Gabby, KLS, Napheesa--to me this was one of the missing pegs last year.
Stanford has few bulky bigs but from the game I saw they are no threat to Uconn's 4 bigs nor is their PG a threat to Danger. McPhee--seems to be their total offense if Smith (11) can't dominate and score in the post. I like McPhee.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Sophomore elegible since transferring and sitting out a year
I know, but RockyMt said she averaged 5.1 points and 4.3 rebounds as a sophomore at Kentucky. I was replying to that post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom