Batouly Gets Some Ink | The Boneyard

Batouly Gets Some Ink

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"I hope that it's something I jump right into and feel comfortable with, but a game setting is so different," Camara said.

Camara said the upcoming 10-day trip to Italy in August could help her get back into the swing of things a little earlier than normal.

"I'm very thankful that we're going to Italy," she said. "It's like moving the season up a little bit, just getting a taste of playing, but I cannot wait."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...basketball-batouly-camara-20170626-story.html

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
"I hope that it's something I jump right into and feel comfortable with, but a game setting is so different," Camara said.

Camara said the upcoming 10-day trip to Italy in August could help her get back into the swing of things a little earlier than normal.

"I'm very thankful that we're going to Italy," she said. "It's like moving the season up a little bit, just getting a taste of playing, but I cannot wait."

http://www.courant.com/sports/UConn...basketball-batouly-camara-20170626-story.html

The link is not working. The Courant has a paywall which is why linking there has become difficult. :mad:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The link is not working. The Courant has a paywall which is why linking there has become difficult. :mad:
Actually not. Someone on the BY pointed out that the BY correct "uc"onn to UConn while the Courant uses the lowercase. You can fix it in the address bar and it will show up, unless your are over your article limit. In that case just use Google. Too big a pain? Then just pay the Courant for content. I doubt that it is much money.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Actually not. Someone on the BY pointed out that the BY correct "uc"onn to UConn while the Courant uses the lowercase. You can fix it in the address bar and it will show up, unless your are over your article limit. In that case just use Google. Too big a pain? Then just pay the Courant for content. I doubt that it is much money.

Thanks CL82. I doubt most folks will pay to read content on the Courant. I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Has anyone noticed that our three super sophomores have gotten little to no ink? Especially Bent and Irwin. All the buzz and hype is centered around the four freshmen and the two transfers.

Reaction Score
Two things (well maybe three):
1) I believe Batouly is going to surprise a lot of people with her play next year.
2) Kyla is going to surprise everyone with her play. (She is feisty, has great size and isn't afraid to be physical. She can score)
3)Coombs will be the breakout surprise out of the freshman.

HGN

Reaction Score
Has anyone noticed that our three super sophomores have gotten little to no ink? Especially Bent and Irwin. All the buzz and hype is centered around the four freshmen and the two transfers.
I think that's because info and press stories have been unusually limited this year. Hopefully press coverage gets a little more fired up as the summer wears on....At least I hope so. Would love to hear what the sophomores have been up to since last season ended.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think it is entirely natural that the attention gravitates to the newbies. I did read a brief quote from CD about how our 3 sophs are delivering a leap. Let them quietly work on that and then leap all over us this fall. I'm good with that.

Reaction Score
While we are on the subject there has been little to nothing written about Williams. I'd love to see an interview. I'm very curious as to what she is adding to her skill set during the off-season and if the coaches see her in a new role this coming season.

Reaction Score
It was pointed out a few times past season: Google: Rest Batouly and it will pop up as an option FREE no hassle no payments

Reaction Score
Two things (well maybe three):
1) I believe Batouly is going to surprise a lot of people with her play next year.
2) Kyla is going to surprise everyone with her play. (She is feisty, has great size and isn't afraid to be physical. She can score)
3)Coombs will be the breakout surprise out of the freshman.
You mean: Walker won't be a surprise? Or Alex Gordon? What would surprise you with them--I know what would with me.
Kyla and Molly--it would thrill me beyond thrill---if each looked like a qualified WBBC player--Erwin IS fiesty --and willing to take the shot--but in the GA system, you take the shot if you are in the best position to take it--or with1 sec on the clock.
Batouly--I hope she is all I have read--that would be frosting
Saniya's former teammate (name avoids me) what is the ---rumor on this kid--I think she could be an X factor--surprise (I hope)
I don't like rating people before I see them play--but with Collier(N), Walker, Danger--I saw them play prior to Uconn so I felt comfortable about their abilities---

Reaction Score

http://www.courant.com/sports/UConn...basketball-batouly-camara-20170626-story.html
What a kid--she's no an A typical Uconn---but has the skill and attitude to be among the best--I like her Italy comment---(not that I could ever be) If I were on the team--I'd think about when do I get into a game.

Reaction Score
I think it is entirely natural that the attention gravitates to the newbies. I did read a brief quote from CD about how our 3 sophs are delivering a leap. Let them quietly work on that and then leap all over us this fall. I'm good with that.
Natural Is Good?? I've been watch a weed grow, the one they make rope out of, and my local sheriff
pulled up my weed--and the garage of dried weed--no problem he said I could bale--and I don't own a boat.

Reaction Score
While we are on the subject there has been little to nothing written about Williams. I'd love to see an interview. I'm very curious as to what she is adding to her skill set during the off-season and if the coaches see her in a new role this coming season.
She's been taking jumping lessons.

Reaction Score
You mean: Walker won't be a surprise? Or Alex Gordon? What would surprise you with them...
Kyla and Molly--it would thrill me beyond thrill---if each looked like a qualified WBBC player.....
Batouly--I hope she is all I have read--that would be frosting
Saniya's former teammate (name avoids me) what is the ---rumor on this kid--I think she could be an X factor--surprise (I hope)
I don't like rating people before I see them play--but with Collier(N), Walker, Danger--I saw them play prior to UConn so I felt comfortable about their abilities---

Correct. Walker will not be a surprise. She is the NPOY. The talent/playing history she possesses pretty much ensures that anything she does (shorty of other wordly) is within expectations.

Lexi (alex?) Gordon. I've watched a few of her games. I think her freshman year will mirror Irwin's-(solid feisty play when she gets time) .

As far as Kyla is concerned, there is a lot of press about the freshmen (Walker) and the transfers (Stevens). The surprise comes from what I believe is that Kyla could have a break out season. There isn't press/big expectations being put out there. She could post 8-10ppg rather easy. (The same can be said of Batouly-no big expectations with a possible breakout)

Andi Espinosa-Hunter (SC's teammate). She's a guard (freshman guard). She is competing against Coombs and Bent to be the first relief for Nurse/Dangerfield. I've seen play. I think she has a slight edge on Andi. Coombs may be the first guard off the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom