Batouly & Azura | The Boneyard

Batouly & Azura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Looking at the 2016-2017 roster I see that Batouly Camara's CL/ELG is SO/SO which tells me she can play for two years as JR/JR and SR/SR.

I don't understand why Azura Steven's CL/ELG is listed as JR/JR. I read that she can play for 2 years. Does she play as a SR/SR and then as a graduate student??

Reaction Score
I think Batouly is academically a sophomore, but not able to play, so that she can become a 5th yr senior. Therefore she has 3 years of eligibility after this,her redshirt year. And AZ has two, the last also as a 5th year senior.

Reaction Score
Looking at the 2016-2017 roster I see that Batouly Camara's CL/ELG is SO/SO which tells me she can play for two years as JR/JR and SR/SR.

I don't understand why Azura Steven's CL/ELG is listed as JR/JR. I read that she can play for 2 years. Does she play as a SR/SR and then as a graduate student??
Next year Batouly will be JR/SO and Azura will be SR/JR

Reaction Score
So I guess this means she's not coming back :(

43176670.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
But.But. ..Natalie Butler & Gabby are not in the same class, Why do people keep saying that?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
But.But. ..Natalie Butler & Gabby are not in the same class, Why do people keep saying that?
Gabby is a rising junior, and Natalie has used two years of eligibility (one at UConn, one at Georgetown). Sorry if I'm a big dummy, but doesn't that put the two of them effectively in the same class?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Gabby is a rising junior, and Natalie has used two years of eligibility (one at UConn, one at Georgetown). Sorry if I'm a big dummy, but doesn't that put the two of them effectively in the same class?
No....
No..
No..
I'm not even sure why we are bring this up again. This prolonged confusement is just outrageous.

Reaction Score
Gives them the same athletic eligibility (although Natalie can go pro before playing her final year of eligibility).

The rest is semantics. At most privates, where the college (and the student's tuition paying parents) want you out in 4 years, it's easy to say someone is in the academic class of "entering year plus 4," which is graduation. But at publics, where it often takes 5 years (or even 6!) to graduate*, who knows what an academic class is? They sometimes designate that body of students as "the entering [rather than the graduating] class of x". But for individual students at publics, esp. athletes, we still do say the "graduating class of x." I know it's weird. Like when I say 30-30 in tennis is "deuce" my wife goes nuts. But really, it's functionally no different than 40-40....

*why longer? kids at publics tend to drop out and back in for various reasons; less financial aid so more kids work during college and take a lighter course load; classroom overcrowding results in some requirements for the major not available when the student can take it, etc.

Reaction Score

Yes it would appears that way BUT---Nat is an actual Senior (sat her soph, played her junior at Uconn) and by eligibility sitting out one year --a Junior.

A rising anything is a term I dislike--it's ambiguous, meaning less.

But in the case of Gabby it is absolutely true---we was a RISING freshman, and Rose higher as a Soph, and we expect her to rise higher as a Junior.

If you are trying to steal my self appointed title--the beginning of your last sentence--my status is proven --am I not the one who called Crystal ---Diamond???

Reaction Score
Gives them the same athletic eligibility (although Natalie can go pro before playing her final year of eligibility).

The rest is semantics. At most privates, where the college (and the student's tuition paying parents) want you out in 4 years, it's easy to say someone is in the academic class of "entering year plus 4," which is graduation. But at publics, where it often takes 5 years (or even 6!) to graduate*, who knows what an academic class is? They sometimes designate that body of students as "the entering [rather than the graduating] class of x". But for individual students at publics, esp. athletes, we still do say the "graduating class of x." I know it's weird. Like when I say 30-30 in tennis is "deuce" my wife goes nuts. But really, it's functionally no different than 40-40....

*why longer? kids at publics tend to drop out and back in for various reasons; less financial aid so more kids work during college and take a lighter course load; classroom overcrowding results in some requirements for the major not available when the student can take it, etc.

Good dissertation--. The credits in some areas are not always transferable--and like classes are taken again in the current University--less now, but still a hazard. I am great supporter (not financially) of young adults taking less subjects and work a bit and study groups more--and graduate in 5 or 6 years. They'll be surprised how much the brain matures and is more accepting. Most businesses, as in college sports/ Universities have their own acronyms and terms--drives outsiders nutz especially when the same acronyms for different functions .
If I call my hopped up Model A 30-30 coupe is that acceptable???

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes it would appears that way BUT---Nat is an actual Senior (sat her soph, played her junior at Uconn) and by eligibility sitting out one year --a Junior.

A rising anything is a term I dislike--it's ambiguous, meaning less.

But in the case of Gabby it is absolutely true---we was a RISING freshman, and Rose higher as a Soph, and we expect her to rise higher as a Junior.

If you are trying to steal my self appointed title--the beginning of your last sentence--my status is proven --am I not the one who called Crystal ---Diamond???
Both Kia and Gabby are a steal.
And, Crystal is more than a Diamond

Reaction Score
Both Kia and Gabby are a steal.
And, Crystal is more than a Diamond

That should be a bumper sticker!!

I was about to say they were my 3 favorite players --then I realized--I favor KLM, Collier, Natalie, Chong, Tierney, and Kayla and Molly (love that name it was short for Margaret)--I guess I'm hard to please--I want it all!! Can you think of which player on the roster--you don't really like--I can't.

Reaction Score
So I guess this means she's not coming back :(
I got this from JPM -----AZ only went to Uconn for the great weather, and winter outdoor fun. She'll go back in June to graduate at Duke. The best of all worlds a Duke degree and a Uconn education!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I was about to say they were my 3 favorite players --then I realized--I favor KLM, Collier, Natalie, Chong, Tierney, and Kayla and Molly (love that name it was short for Margaret)--I guess I'm hard to please--I want it all!! Can you think of which player on the roster--you don't really like--I can't.
As I've said before, Crystal is the true diamond in the rough. Nice thread.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Who is KLM?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes, for our purposes (basketball) they are in the same class. However yes, Butler could give up her last year of eligibility if she wanted to.

Reaction Score
Who is KLM?
Obviously King Lewis Martin or Kaleena Lewis Mosqueta(sp)?? Or my brain was dislodged and settled in a dark body cavity and I meant KLS should have said Katie lou and then I don't used the wrong acronym's.
Thanks!!!

Reaction Score
Batouly will have three years of eligibility, and Azura will have two years of eligibility. Natalie has two years of eligibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom