Baskets (new Zack Galifianakis show) | The Boneyard

Baskets (new Zack Galifianakis show)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
A half-hour show about a guy named Chip Baskets who went to a clown school in Paris and flunked out. Returns home and becomes a rodeo clown. 2 shows in he is way down on his luck and moves back in with his mom...played by 80s comic Louie Anderson.

Yep, his mom is 80's comic, Louie Anderson.

It's Zack Galifianakis so yeah, it's hysterical. People call him Baskets, the clown. But he wants to be called Renoir.

Reaction Score
Dark comedy. My wife won't watch it after 1 episode - so another thing I have to watch solo.
So true. My wife said how awful he acts, and I tell her that is the point

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Baskets returns Thursday night at 10!!!!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Zach has less range as an actor than Vince Vaughn and that's saying something. He broke out in The Hangover where his character was hilarious and perfect for the part. He's continued to play the exact same character in everything and although I haven't seen Baskets, I have to imagine he plays that same character again. Really funny once, maybe somewhat funny a second time and then just 'ho hum, we've seen this before.'

Recently, I heard some of his standup before he got famous and it was pretty good. But as the imbecile who doesn't understand what is going on around him, I'm beyond tired of it.

Reaction Score
Zach has less range as an actor than Vince Vaughn and that's saying something. He broke out in The Hangover where his character was hilarious and perfect for the part. He's continued to play the exact same character in everything and although I haven't seen Baskets, I have to imagine he plays that same character again. Really funny once, maybe somewhat funny a second time and then just 'ho hum, we've seen this before.'

Recently, I heard some of his standup before he got famous and it was pretty good. But as the imbecile who doesn't understand what is going on around him, I'm beyond tired of it.
Baskets isn't really anything like his character in the Hangover. He almost always plays a quirky guy but he makes every character unique and different, the guy is hilarious.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
@jleves ...Louie Anderson is hysterical and so is Martha Kelly. And Zach is aware of his surroundings here. See original post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom