Basketball Philosophies on Display Tonight | The Boneyard

Basketball Philosophies on Display Tonight

Reaction Score
It's been tough to argue that last few years for KOs basketball philosophy. The results just haven't been there. The board has also been fairly critical of KO and the staff as well. For good reason.

Personally, i have been a supporter of KO and what he's trying to do. Through a myriad of reasons we just haven't had the personnel to implement KOs philosophy. Despite the results I still believe in KO. I think I'll always believe in KO. My faith is not based on our record or results. It's based on his guard orientated approach and how basketball is evolving. I think this is the direction of baskeball.

Last night was cool for me because more than anything else our philosophy won. The passing and shooting numbers suggest we should of lost. But our ability to dominate the guard play and pace of the game won.

As much as anyone, Michigan State and Izzo represent the past of basketball to me. They always roll out a bunch of one dimensional goons. I am very curious how our 2 philosophies match up. We've gotten the best of them as of late. But Bridges is a very legit pro prospect. Bridges and their size may be too much to handle. We'll see how it turns out.

If we do win i know what the game will look like. Our guards will simply control the game.

Anyways, looking forward to tonight.

Reaction Score
If we do win i know what the game will look like. Our guards will simply control the game.
Pretty much how we beat them at MSG back in 2014. A repeat of that performance would be nice. UConn is going to have to shoot better. You can't beat very good teams shooting like last night.

Reaction Score
It's been tough to argue that last few years for KOs basketball philosophy. The results just haven't been there. The board has also been fairly critical of KO and the staff as well. For good reason.

Personally, i have been a supporter of KO and what he's trying to do. Through a myriad of reasons we just haven't had the personnel to implement KOs philosophy. Despite the results I still believe in KO. I think I'll always believe in KO. My faith is not based on our record or results. It's based on his guard orientated approach and how basketball is evolving. I think this is the direction of baskeball.

Last night was cool for me because more than anything else our philosophy won. The passing and shooting numbers suggest we should of lost. But our ability to dominate the guard play and pace of the game won.

As much as anyone, Michigan State and Izzo represent the past of basketball to me. They always roll out a bunch of one dimensional goons. I am very curious how our 2 philosophies match up. We've gotten the best of them as of late. But Bridges is a very legit pro prospect. Bridges and their size may be too much to handle. We'll see how it turns out.

Anyways, looking forward to tonight.

Great thread was thinking the same thing. We're going to beat Michigan State for the reasons you stated. Our basketball philosophy is better than theirs and our guards are way more dynamic than theirs. That is going to be the difference. Michigan State plays an ugly brand of basketball.

Like I said the Oregon game was huge. We took care of business and team confidence and team psyche is back to where it belongs.

Reaction Score
Pretty much how we beat them at MSG back in 2014. A repeat of that performance would be nice. UConn is going to have to shoot better. You can't beat very good teams shooting like last night.
A repeat of that performance.....just without going down by 10. If Uconn goes down by more than 10, they are not coming back IMHO. If they keep within 4 or 5, even if down for the majority, or get any kind of lead and maintain it, even if just a lead of 3 or 4 points, I feel they pull off the upset.

Reaction Score

Spacing from outside shooting is the current paradigm shift.

But we can't shoot...

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Still have to be cautious. Izzo isn't ranked for nothing. I am sure he is studying. Hope fully Ollie has a trick up his sleeve. What this team has for sure....confidence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom