Basketball is my game | The Boneyard

Basketball is my game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
However, I wanted to take a moment, to wish my football brothers Congratulations on a new era. I know you slept more peacefully last night.

I can feel the buzz associated with this hire and I hope he propels us to bigger or B1G things. Bravo Warde.

Reaction Score
Yea I am not even much of a fan of college football but I am really excited that this guy is going to be one of the faces of UCONN. He seems so engaging and inspiring and as classy as can be. Honestly, really reminds me of KO. It's hard to find a person that everyone seemingly has good things to say about and UCONN has somehow found two of them. Both detail oriented, incredible motivators who seem completely guided by their intense faith.

Reaction Score
Having been to UConn soccer, baseball, basketball, hockey and football games, have to say football has been the most enjoyable to watch. When we win games.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Love how this board makes it feel like you can't be a football and basketball fan....
So true. Too often it feels like you can't comment on both because posters feel you don't know anything. It's the one thing I dislike about this board but so be it. I follow the basketball team just as much as the football team, I just happen to enjoy football more. It is what it is but sometimes it's frustrating, especially once the lull of the off season sets in here and basketball is ramping up and I wanna talk hoops. I'll make occasional posts over there but that's all.

Reaction Score
So true. Too often it feels like you can't comment on both because posters feel you don't know anything. It's the one thing I dislike about this board but so be it. I follow the basketball team just as much as the football team, I just happen to enjoy football more. It is what it is but sometimes it's frustrating, especially once the lull of the off season sets in here and basketball is ramping up and I wanna talk hoops. I'll make occasional posts over there but that's all.
Message board elitism.

Reaction Score
However, I wanted to take a moment, to wish my football brothers Congratulations on a new era. I know you slept more peacefully last night.

I can feel the buzz associated with this hire and I hope he propels us to bigger or B1G things. Bravo Warde.

We're all very excited about the hire. There is a buzz and optimism that was lacking over the past few years.

I love and follow the basketball teams religiously, even though football is the sport I prefer to watch. Basketball is your game (and for us UConn fans, who can say otherwise), but come out for football too. Basketball is your game, but UConn is your team! We all have the same goal: make sure games against Tulane are OOC and games against Ohio State are conference match-ups. The more of us who support UConn regardless of the sport, the better for getting what we really want! Hope to see some of the BB-onlies at the Rent :)

Reaction Score
Love how this board makes it feel like you can't be a football and basketball fan....

That's not true. The problem I have, and maybe others do too, is when a BB fan who rarely posts here chimes in how this player sucks or the coach sucks or I suck....

Then they go back to the basketball forum and never to be seen, until the next bad game.

There are plenty of FB fans that cross over to the BB forum and post. I read the BB quite a bit. I rarely if ever post there for a couple of reasons. One, I would have killed myself by now from the posters who jump ship every game we are down by 5 points in the first half.

The way some of the BB posters talk about the players (rather personal IMO) would make me crazy.

I follow all sports and don't care what board people post on the most. But if you are only going to show up here and pi.ss on things when they are bad, I'm gonna call you on it.

It's bad enough when a regular on here calls one of our FB players a disease. Don't need part timers jumping in on that as well.

Reaction Score
I can understand the basketball elitism. They're a great program. I grew up watching them and did not care at all for the football team while I was in college. It wasn't until about 5 years ago a coworker of mine invited me to a tailgate with his buddies. Fast forward and I almost never miss a game. The entire tailgating and football experience just can't be compared to basketball. Sure, the on-the-field product is... not.. quite as exciting. But I will say, when it's a competitive game and The Rent is rocking, there's something pretty spectacular about it.

Reaction Score

All of the sports at UConn I'm a fan of...I want to see a time when UConn wins the FB championship, Men's and Women's BB, Men's and Women's soccer, the Frozen Four and the College world series in the same year! RU fans would really hate us!!! :)

Reaction Score
All of the sports at UConn I'm a fan of...I want to see a time when UConn wins the FB championship, Men's and Women's BB, Men's and Women's soccer, the Frozen Four and the College world series in the same year! RU fans would really hate us!!! :)

To hate us for that type of success, then wouldn't they have to know what success is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom