Basketball IQs | The Boneyard

Basketball IQs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The first 15 minutes of the second half once again gave us a glimpse of what this team could be. Up double digits on the road, looking great defensively and finding ways to score. Then a few missed lay ups, the infamous Brimah drop and the game was over. For a team as talented as ours, the basketball IQs of some of our top players is mind boggling and cotinues to put us in difficult situations. Yes, I am as cluesless as to why KO benched JA as anyone.

I am curious how you guys would evaluate our players in terms of BB IQ. Here´s how I see it:

Gibbs: To me, the lack of BB IQ of Gibbs is the most problematic (mostly because he is supposed to be our PG). He has started to adjust to his role as the season has progressed and I like the fact that he is getting to the line more but some of his bonehead plays are inexcusable, especially for a 5 yr. That play where he beat his man to the spot, stopped and reached around to hold him was a killer. Then there are those plays where he drives the lane and just chucks the ball at the rim, looking for contact. One of those plays against Temple was a very tough non-call.

JA: Certainly his IQ isn´t where it needs to be but he´s a Freshman. I think he gets a pass. Adjusting a lot as of late.

DHAM: Toughest BB IQ to evaluate on the team. At times, he easily has the highest. At other times, you wonder what in the world he´s thinking. Great court vision but, come crunch time, very indecisive. This was very evident the other night.

RP: Love the guy and his hustle but below average IQ. Tough end to the game for Purv. Missed layups and mental mistakes really hurting us. Imagine if he converted those two gimme layups (noted that these have nothing to do with IQ). Expect him to bounce back big tonight!

Brimah: Glad to have him back. Although he hasn´t had much of an impact in the box score, the team plays a hell of a lot better with him out there. Hopefully his finger is alright we need him out there. Not a very high BB IQ. Still learning to avoid the bad fouls.

Miller: That Cornell degree is really showing lately. Loved the way he played against Temple and want to see him get more touches. He is a very competent offensive weapon inside and out. His defense has improved as well. I want him to take on more of a leadership role. I don´t like his body language when things go south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3
Top Bottom