Basketball IQ | The Boneyard

Basketball IQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team doesn't have any, our 3 point threats are turning down wide open threes so that Samuel can jack up contested threes. I have no clue what Ollie is teaching them in practice but the team has gotten worse and worse as the season has progressed. You know it's bad when dribbling and passing has become a big adventure.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They haven't gotten worse, buy Calhoun, Boatright and Hamilton need to shoot when open.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Nope. Dribbling mindlessly 30 feet from the basket, slow and obvious passes, no plan to get a good shot, not knowing what a good shot looks like, poor shooting form, and a weird lack of quickness for a team that should be quicker than most.

And an over reliance on a freshman who hasn't adjusted to this level. Plus a bunch of guys who can't drive or shoot.

Reaction Score
This team doesn't have any, our 3 point threats are turning down wide open threes so that Samuel can jack up contested threes. I have no clue what Ollie is teaching them in practice but the team has gotten worse and worse as the season has progressed. You know it's bad when dribbling and passing has become a big adventure.
Worst BB IQ team I can remember. It's maddening the ship they keep doing over and over.

Reaction Score
I agree - not sure why these guys aren't pulling the trigger. Passing up so many open looks and then turning it over

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Teams are studying the films and seeing what we know.
UConn has lost the ball at five times just by refusing to meet the pass. They just stand there flat footed and let the other team steal the ball.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Can anyone else on this team hit a jump shot?

Reaction Score
They do have a low BB IQ but what do you expect when your starting front court have each only played hoops for 5 years and away from them you rely on a freshman and 2 sophomores. They really only have 2 experienced players - Boat and Omar.

Reaction Score
Cinci pulls back with 25 secs to go with no intention of shooting and Hamilton commits a foul with 2 secs to go and Cinci up by 12. Why would we even question this team's basketball IQ?

Reaction Score
buddy said:
Cinci pulls back with 25 secs to go with no intention of shooting and Hamilton commits a foul with 2 secs to go and Cinci up by 12. Why would we even question this team's basketball IQ?

That's got nothing to do with IQ. That's a guy trying to win favor by playing hard to the last whistle, which is sort of a waste of time, but he's a freshman trying to earn brownie points. I'm pretty sure he knew that the game was lost.

Reaction Score
They haven't gotten worse, buy Calhoun, Boatright and Hamilton need to shoot when open.
Exactly. The players do not know when to pass and when to shoot. Pass on open shots, shoot when need to pass. In fact, even the DHam to AB passes have had hesitation on them. As the game was ending, we started shooting. At the start of the game it was all get the ball inside. There has to be a balance. Defenses will play us one way, we need to react to it and play accordingly. We do not do this.

Reaction Score
That's got nothing to do with IQ. That's a guy trying to win favor by playing hard to the last whistle, which is sort of a waste of time, but he's a freshman trying to earn brownie points. I'm pretty sure he knew that the game was lost.
I appreciate that but why wait until there are 2 secs to go when he could have fouled with 10secs to go He was on the guy for a number of secs before he fouled. Not that it matters, just sayin.

Reaction Score
buddy said:
I appreciate that but why wait until there are 2 secs to go when he could have fouled with 10secs to go He was on the guy for a number of secs before he fouled. Not that it matters, just sayin.

He wasn't trying to foul - he was trying to reach in and get a steal. Thought the refs could have let it go and just let the clock run out, but then again they could have called one of the earlier reaches too and you get to a point in a game where there have been technical fouls that you have to worry about something escalating (an elbow, then a shove, etc.) - so I don't blame them for calling it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You don't foul with 2 seconds on the clock. Freshman/lack of BBIQ mistake.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No biggie imo. He was at least trying something which I have no issue with.

Reaction Score
This team seems to absolutely love to foul at the end of the shot clock also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member