Based on this game starting lineup should... | The Boneyard

Based on this game starting lineup should...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boat-Napier-Giffey-Daniels-Wolf. Omar was lost...Olander is overmatched...Evans was rusty but he will be solid off the bench...Boat was sloppy and looked hobbled to me. They could have had this game with a little bit better play from someone other than Bazz. I think this team will get better.

Reaction Score
Boat-Napier-Giffey-Daniels-Wolf. Omar was lost...Olander is overmatched...Evans was rusty but he will be solid off the bench...Boat was sloppy and looked hobbled to me. They could have had this game with a little bit better play from someone other than Bazz. I think this team will get better.

Its too bad we missed a chippy lay up when it was 20-9 because I think the complexion of the game changed. We have little inside outside action--which puts a lot of pressure on the guards. Id rather have Giffey than Daniels and Wolf instead of Olander. Daniels is a guy who is not an efficient player.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
boat-bazz-evans-olander-wolf

i want to see this. 2 shooter/drivers. a glue guy who can handle the rock. some size at pf who has a nice mid range and wolf who is rising quick. the more time he gets the better he is getting. he is alreay passed chuck type service i think.

Reaction Score
Wolf is clearly better than Olander, not sure if the lineup should change but Wolf needs to get more minutes than Olander.

Reaction Score
Based on this game, RB, OC, and DD need to start playing the game within their own abilities. All 3 were somewhat of a mess tonight, and we still could have won.

Reaction Score
i have a problem with the dynamic of starter vs 6th man visa vi the players mentality. You can effectively increase wolfe's minutes without "demoting" TO. Right now we have 2 serviceable players and wolfe plays great off the bench (a unique talent) - we dont want to get TO further off his game by not starting him.. If wolfe gets in foul trouble what kind of TO will you have coming off the bench. I would like to see TO and wolfe together, because i think TO is lost - this way he can play a true 4 and play more his style. this may get him back to the guy we saw early last year. I hope KO doesnt bench him.

Reaction Score
could be.. for sure. I think that allowing him to play the 4 with wolfe maybe the best chance at getting some production. i agree with your assesment of him - no boxing out is really my bugaboo but... lets see if we can play wolfe and TO together.

Reaction Score

i want to see this. 2 shooter/drivers. a glue guy who can handle the rock. some size at pf who has a nice mid range and wolf who is rising quick. the more time he gets the better he is getting. he is alreay passed chuck type service i think.

No offense, but I think I just threw up in my mouth upon the proposal of this lineup. Olander? Nice mid-range game? I think he's hit five mid-range jumpers in his UConn career. His mid-range game is so good he took a toal of zero shots tonight.

Wolf has shown glimpses of being a good player, but he's still raw. He's had two very good games but in the other games he's virtually been a non-factor. Evans is indeed a good glue guy but offensively you can pretty much play ten feet off him because he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

At this point, pulling Omar and Daniels from the starting lineup would be the dumbest thing Ollie could do, IMO. Let's face it, as much as we want to win games, it doesn't matter how muc we struggle as long as it comes together for next year. Clearly, Omar and Daniels are the kids who are going to have to drastically improve if this team wants to contend next year. Ollie needs to keep tossing these guys out there for 25-30 minutes a night no matter how infuriating their play may be at times.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
wolf.jpeg

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

I'd like olander and wolf but who off the bench?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I would like to see Giffey be told that he needs to go out and score the ball, play starters minutes and be the one out in front handling where Omar is just not ready to do it. Giffey, as has been noted, continues to play to not make mistakes rather than playing to make plays. Deandre needs to focus on shooting from 15 feet and in until he can get some confidence.

Reaction Score
DD and TO should sit next game(s) to teach him a lesson. Calhoun old school!

Reaction Score
I've been saying this from the beginning...I don't like starting with a small lineup...I think if we start with

Boat
Bazz
DD
TO
Wolf

And OC come off the bench for scoring
Giff for defense and hustle
Evans to stabilize the team
Nolan for foul trouble and give the bits some rest

TO cannot play center...not big or athletic enough...he needs to play his position which is the 4 and I want to see DD against other 3s because he cannot box out the other teams 4s

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The thing that worries me is that I'm not confident DD has a good basketball IQ, or at least doesn't yet understand his role in this system.

It's weird to watch a UConn team that's not built like any UConn team we've seen since the 80s. On the positive side, Bazz and Boat had plenty of open looks against a decent defensive team. But it'll be hard to succeed playing a three guard game being so overmatched at the 4/5 vs. most of the BE competition.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
This is off topic but how do you incorporate a pic like this wolf/dog onto the message board. It can't be a simple cut and paste. Does anyone know basic instructions on how to work that magic? Thank you in a advance to the more tech-savy.
1ST- find image on desktop or phone.
2ND- save image to desktop or phone.
3RD- click on upload file (right next to post reply), find image that you previously saved and upload it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1926430_f520.jpg

You have to like Wolf. He is raw in that his decision making is questionable, but his size and confidence in his offense makes him appealing. He will become more polished with additional minutes and we desperately need physical presence up top. I agree that makes sense, at least for now, to give Wolf a starter’s minutes but let Tyler start. It may make sense to change that in time but better to ease into it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
By the way, in looking for a wolf/husky crossbreed picture I found this:
TWT_woolyMal_shepx.jpg

It looks familiar doesn't it. (By the way, adding a picture is as easy and copying and pasting.)

Reaction Score
Boat
Bazz
Evans
Giffey
Wolf

I think this lineup gives us our best chance to win. Calhoun and DD are too much of a liability out there. Between the travels and throw away's they cost us several posessions last night. For now, let Calhoun come off the bench and play the Rashad Anderson role, 15-20 minutes huck up 5 three pointers then go back to the bench and ice the arm. DD was an entirely different player vs Mich. ST and has done nothing sense. I'd rather have a glue guy like Giffey in there atleast you know what you are going to get.

Reaction Score
Has olander and wolf been on the court at any time together this year?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
This is off topic but how do you incorporate a pic like this wolf/dog onto the message board. It can't be a simple cut and paste. Does anyone know basic instructions on how to work that magic? Thank you in a advance to the more tech-savy.

To add a pic to the main message, it is done by getting the url or address of a picture that is on the internet, not your computer, then you click on the icon above to the left of the film icon that says "insert/edit image," and paste the url into the box. Voila. If you want it to come up on every post you make, then add it to your "signature" the same way. You get to the place for the signature on the top blue row across from the "help" on the top of the page...put the cursor over your handle and the options will appear as if by magic.

edit: the post above points to the "upload a file" button which I have never tried... that would be an easier way with a pic that is on your computer. I'll have to try that.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I want to purchase a wolf from Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads