UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 46 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score

5 players on this list are headed to Storrs!!

Actually, there are 6 players on that list who have committed to UConn. They do not list a school for Frank Mozzicato, but he been reported as a UConn commit as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

As someone who grew up with Frank and played baseball with him, we are getting a winner, he’s a true competitor. I think he’s got great stuff and is gonna get better. As medic said above, he sat low 90s which can get to the mid 90s for a kid with his size and length. He had 16 Ks in the first game, has 31 strikeouts through two games

Reaction Score

As someone who grew up with Frank and played baseball with him, we are getting a winner, he’s a true competitor. I think he’s got great stuff and is gonna get better. As medic said above, he sat low 90s which can get to the mid 90s for a kid with his size and length. He had 16 Ks in the first game, has 31 strikeouts through two games

He will be drafted in the top 3 rounds and sign with whomever takes him. a 6'3" lefty that throws 91 as an 18 year old is awesome. But throw in the best curveball Ive seen as a HS kid. And fluent mechanics. I will go on record right now that he will never wear a Husky uni. Despite Penders' son playing with him.

Reaction Score
He will be drafted in the top 3 rounds and sign with whomever takes him. a 6'3" lefty that throws 91 as an 18 year old is awesome. But throw in the best curveball Ive seen as a HS kid. And fluent mechanics. I will go on record right now that he will never wear a Husky uni. Despite Penders' son playing with him.
I would have to agree with that. A lefty throwing +90 with a very good curve (#2 pitch), figure 2-3 years in the minors to develop a 3rd pitch plus some polich and he'll project to be in the Show at age 21 or so.

Reaction Score
One thing to keep in mind here. MLB has been busy destroying the lower minor leagues this past year. This year there are about 40 fewer minor league teams as they have pretty much destroyed the short season A and Rookie leagues. I don't pretend to know how it will affect someone like Mozzicato, but it seems that the intent of their destruction of this level is to use college baseball as a substitute for the lower minor leagues. Prime high school talent will no doubt still be drafted and signed, but it would seem to me that a lot more players who may have gone pro after high school will instead find themselves playing college ball.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Professional Baseball is not an easy choice. You really have to know your kid, the dollars and the culture/structure of the club who has your rights.

Reaction Score
heard Jim P. say recently that more and more pro teams prefer kids who played in college than years ago

Reaction Score
PerfectGame.org rankings of recruits sometimes become visible to those who don't pay for the premium service. Right now all their rankings seem to be visible. Here are their rankings for the UConn baseball recruits are listed on their website (not everyone who has been reported as a UConn commit on this thread is listed on their website).

High school class of 2021:

500, which seems to work out more to the 500 to 999 range:

Matthew Garbowski - C/OF
Jackson Ferrigno - SS
Frank Mozzicato - LHP
Owen Kellington - RHP
Craig Pihlkar - RHP
Braden Quinn - LHP
Jack Sullivan - RHP
Ian Cooke - RHP
Brady Afthim - RHP

Frank Mozzicato has made a huge jump in PerfectGame.org and in their rankings of the 2021 high school recruiting class. Mozzicato has jumped from their 500 ranking (which is more like 500 to 999) to No. 153!

Reaction Score

Mozzicato also had 10 strikeouts in 5 shutout innings of work in his last outing on Monday against Manchester high

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom