UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 45 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score

Kolby Pascarelli is a high school Class of 2021 outfielder/LHP from Durham, CT. According to Perfectgame.com he initially committed to Bryant.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
78544D98-DA4E-47E0-8F9A-FA0EAE9C10A4.jpeg

Reaction Score

David Smith was a freshman with LaSalle last season. Played infield and right field. He is a switch hitter.

>2020: Philadelphia Baseball Review Player of the Week (2/17)… Led the Atlantic 10 and was 15th in the nation with 10 stolen bases as a freshman… Immediate every day starter as a rookie… Started in all 14 games during shortened season… Utility man spent time at shortstop, right field, third base and second base… Third on team in runs (9), RBI (7) and OBP (.367)… Also drew nine walks and homered once… Started his career on a four-game hit streak… Had a two-run single in La Salle debut at Furman (2/14)… Finished Furman series 5-for-11 with four RBI, four runs and two stolen bases, including a 3-for-4 outing in game two… Stole four bases and walked twice in game-two win over Hofstra (2/22)… Was 2-for-4 with a double and a run at Wake Forest (2/28)… Blasted a three-run homer and went 2-for-4 with two stolen bases and a walk in win at Rider (3/10).

Background: Three sport athlete at the Perkiomen School… Played baseball, football and basketball… Male Athlete of the Year and MVP of baseball team as a senior… Pottstown Mercury First Team All-Area as a senior after hitting .432 with five homers, seven doubles and three triples… Second Team All-Area as a junior after batting .327… Hit .325 as a sophomore and earned Honorable Mention All-Area… Batted .328 as a freshman… Helped team to 2019 PAISAA runner up finish as well as two final four appearances in 2016 and 2018… Second Team All-Area and MVP of football team as a junior.<

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Dude looks like a great option in the 9 spot with his speed and ability to get on base. Welcome!

Reaction Score
Dude looks like a great option in the 9 spot with his speed and ability to get on base. Welcome!

LaSalle recently announced they were dropping baseball after the 2021 season, as well as some other sports programs. I am guessing that David Smith will arrive in Storrs following the 2021 season, but I don't know for certain. Whatever the case, he certainly looks like a quality transfer addition to the team. Assuming he arrives for the 2022 season, he could possibly be the successor to Christian Fedko at 2B, among other options.

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Loaded. The talent upgrade is great. I see hosting regionals in our future and finally winning a super regional.

Reaction Score
I feel like with Penders bringing in multi position athletes like Crawford, Casparius, and Stock, having a guy like Power wouldn’t be a bad thing! Having pure athletes and depth is always a great thing!

Reaction Score
My son (AJ, a c/o 2022 baseball recruit) trains in the same facility as Ryan Daniels. Great kid, tireless worker. He (a few other D1 commits) and my son often hit together. It also happens to be the same facility the Winkel’s train. Big Wink has been a mentor to AJ.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My son (AJ, a c/o 2022 baseball recruit) trains in the same facility as Ryan Daniels. Great kid, tireless worker. He (a few other D1 commits) and my son often hit together. It also happens to be the same facility the Winkel’s train. Big Wink has been a mentor to AJ.

Pretty sweet stroke there man. Leftie swings always look better than righties imo

Reaction Score

I took a double take there thinking the gentleman soft-tossing to him was doing so without a screen. My son has had the ability to kill me since he was 12 doing BP, espeically as I am much better trapping a ball with my feet than with a glove. I finally noticed that the ball was bouncing too much for a baseball, so it most be a foam ball or a tennis ball. LOL.

Reaction Score
I took a double take there thinking the gentleman soft-tossing to him was doing so without a screen. My son has had the ability to kill me since he was 12 doing BP, espeically as I am much better trapping a ball with my feet than with a glove. I finally noticed that the ball was bouncing too much for a baseball, so it most be a foam ball or a tennis ball. LOL.
LOL. They’re hitting baseballs. There’s an L-screen there it’s just hard to see. He’s flipping around it and ducks behind.

I have a friend who took one to the face off his kid. Fractured his cheek bone and needed eye surgery. Still partially blind in that eye. Scary stuff.

Reaction Score
Lively arm with a 85 mph fastball... as a JR in high school, that is pretty impressive. Added 8mph more on his fastball in 2019 according to Perfect Game. Seems like if he can develop his off speed pitchers more, he can develop into a good pitcher. Seems like he could be a Karl Johnson type of guy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom