UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 37 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
Haven’t looked through the thread to see if it’s come up already, but Gavin Kee is officially enrolled at Norwalk Community College per my younger sibling that attends there as well. Tough fall for a Norwalk player I really wanted to succeed the way Bryan did. Would’ve hoped someone at his caliber, able to be recruited to a school like ours, could have found a JuCo with a good baseball team, gotten everything together, and moved on to a four-year program.

Reaction Score

I saw Cohen practicing the other day down at the rec fields. The park is technically closed and no organized activities are allowed; but, if its a small group, say under 4, they're being left alone. I've been working with both of my boys doing some BP and throwing with the hope that we get in a partial summer season.

Reaction Score
so. Perfect Game gave out accolades on a season that didnt exist?

I can't say for certain, but I believe the award was for the 2020 Preseason. That is what is listed for Bryan Padilla under his marker on the Perfect Game website.

Reaction Score
PerfectGame.org rankings of recruits sometimes become visible to those who don't pay for the premium service. Here are their rankings for various UConn recruits for next season:

346 - Adrian Siravo - RHP
492 - Calvin Ziegler - RHP

Top 500, which seems to work out more to the 500 to 999 range:

Hector Alejandro - RHP
Phoenix Billings - 3B
Bobby McBride - RHP
Brendan O'Donnell - LHP
Bryan Padilla - SS
Leo Socci - RHP
Joe Wozny - RHP

Reaction Score
2020: This is what I have, please correct me if I’m wrong
  • Phoenix Billings(3B/SS)
  • Brendan O’Donnell(LHP/1B)
  • Bryan Padilla(SS)
  • Saar Rosa(RHP/OF)
  • Adrian Siravo(RHP/OF/SS)
  • Joe Wozny(RHP/1B)
  • Bobby McBride(RHP/SS)
  • Leo Socci(RHP)
  • Dave Christoforo(1B/C)
  • Cal Ziegler(RHP/OF)
  • Mitchell Pascarella(RHP/SS)
  • Korey Morton(RHP/OF)
  • Hector Alejandro(RHP/1B/3B)

Reaction Score
2020: This is what I have, please correct me if I’m wrong
  • Phoenix Billings(3B/SS)
  • Brendan O’Donnell(LHP/1B)
  • Bryan Padilla(SS)
  • Saar Rosa(RHP/OF)
  • Adrian Siravo(RHP/OF/SS)
  • Joe Wozny(RHP/1B)
  • Bobby McBride(RHP/SS)
  • Leo Socci(RHP)
  • Dave Christoforo(1B/C)
  • Cal Ziegler(RHP/OF)
  • Mitchell Pascarella(RHP/SS)
  • Korey Morton(RHP/OF)
  • Hector Alejandro(RHP/1B/3B)
*Not including the transfers*

Reaction Score
Here's the complete list of UConn baseball recruits reported on this thread to date:

High school class of 2020

David Christoforo - 1B/OF/C
Phoenix Billings - 3B
Bryan Padilla - SS
Korey Morton - OF
T.C. Simmons - 1B/OF (JUCO)

Adrian Siravo - RHP/OF
Brendan O’Donnell - LHP
Joe Wozny - RHP
Saar Rosa - RHP
Calvin Ziegler - RHP
Bobby McBride - RHP
Leo Socci - RHP
Mitchell Pascarella - RHP
Hector Alejandro - RHP
Austin Peterson - RHP (Purdue transfer, JUCO)
Devin Kirby (JUCO) - RHP

High school class of 2021

Matthew Garbowski - C/OF
Zach Stephenson - OF
Jackson Ferrigno - SS

Frank Mozzicato - LHP
Owen Kellington - RHP
Craig Pihlkar - RHP
Braden Quinn - LHP
Jack Sullivan - RHP
Ian Cooke - RHP

High school class of 2022

Niki Brini - OF
Gavin Greger - OF/LHP

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Long time lurker, first time poster. Saar Rosa is now committed to Trinity according to multiple sites (and his Twitter) and Justin Oquendo is a class of '21, 5'5" of/inf from Public Safety Academy in East Hartford who appears to have committed.

Reaction Score
Long time lurker, first time poster. Saar Rosa is now committed to Trinity according to multiple sites (and his Twitter) and Justin Oquendo is a class of '21, 5'5" of/inf from Public Safety Academy in East Hartford who appears to have committed.

Justin Oquendo has been listed as a UConn recruit on Perfectgame.com for several months now. However, I have always had the policy that with either Perfectgame.com or with PrepBaseballreport.com that it is best to try to confirm a commitment somewhere else, as both of these websites have been known to be wrong from time to time. I have not been able to get an alternate confirmation on Oquendo yet. I also am a bit skeptical of a 5'5'' player being accepted by the UConn baseball program, but sometimes you just never know.

If there is another website or source that confirms Oquendo as a UConn baseball recruit, I would love to know about it.

With Saar Rosa now having committed to Trinity, UConn now has 10 known incoming pitchers for next season. I suspect that is more than enough, considering all the pitchers who were currently associated with the program this past season, whether they were on the 35 man roster or the taxi squad.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

From what I can tell, Justin Oquendo's high school is Civic Leadership High School in Enfield. I believe the listing of his high school on the perfectgame.com website is incorrect, or at least out of date.

Reaction Score
From what I can tell, Justin Oquendo's high school is Civic Leadership High School in Enfield. I believe the listing of his high school on the perfectgame.com website is incorrect, or at least out of date.

I may be wrong but I believe that school was simply renamed.

Reaction Score
Posted this in the wrong thread yesterday:

PBR New England updated their New England High School Class of 2020 player rankings in late March. Two players committed to UConn baseball make their top 10. Adrian Siravo at No. 4, and Korey Morton at No. 10. They say Morton "might be the best athlete in the class as he is a superb runner who can play the game."

Reaction Score
PBR New England updated their New England High School Class of 2021 player rankings in late March. Two UConn baseball commits made their top 10. Matt Garbowski at No. 3, and Braden Quinn at No. 8.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
If we are getting 2-3 top 10 kids a year and supplement those kids with a couple more big time prospects from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, etc and fill in the gaps with JUCO's and blue collar, under the radar players...then you have UConn baseball recruiting philosophy.

It's just nice that we get some of these 4 star type players. Following UConn football recruiting in the mid to late 2000's under Edsall was not "fun", although the results those players put on the field speak for themselves.

Reaction Score

>TT Bowens is keeping all his baseball options open.

With that in mind, Bowens entered his name in the transfer portal earlier this week, essentially making him a college baseball free agent. He's already received serious interest from numerous Division I programs, including UConn.

Bowens, who recently completed his redshirt junior season at Central Connecticut State University, also may pursue a professional career instead of continuing on the college level.<

>In just the few days since entering the transfer portal, Bowens has heard from UConn, Creighton, Penn State, Purdue, Arkansas and New Orleans as well as several smaller Division I programs.

Arkansas certainly knows all about the 6-foot-4, 235-pound first-baseman/outfielder. Bowens belted a three-run home run at nationally-ranked Arkansas in the 2019 NCAA tournament.

Bowens carried the momentum right into the New England Collegiate Baseball League, slugging a league best 16 home runs and league record 53 RBI while playing for the Mystic Schooners.<

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Our offense is already going to be nasty next year, assuming we play baseball in 2021. Imagine how good it would be with this dude.

Reaction Score
TT (assuming he doesn’t get drafted) was already off to a solid start at Central and is highly regarded as one of the top players in the northeast. Would be a massive pickup. Would be interesting to see what they do with Reggie tho. I personally would have TT DH and have Reggie play first

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom