UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 48 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
Hope to see Mozzicato on campus. I just read Keith Law's article in the Athletic which projected Frank at 53 in the draft.

Reaction Score
Hope to see Mozzicato on campus. I just read Keith Law's article in the Athletic which projected Frank at 53 in the draft.
Is Frank Mozzicato related to the family that owns the bakery empire in Hartford, Rocky Hill, Plainville etc?

If so, money may not be that important at this stage. I know $$ is always important but in light of all things, the UCONN degree / experience may be just as important.

Reaction Score
Is Frank Mozzicato related to the family that owns the bakery empire in Hartford, Rocky Hill, Plainville etc?

If so, money may not be that important at this stage. I know $$ is always important but in light of all things, the UCONN degree / experience may be just as important.
He is indeed related

Reaction Score
Do you often see kids taken in the 2nd round sticking with college? (Assuming Law's prediction is right)

Reaction Score
Do you often see kids taken in the 2nd round sticking with college? (Assuming Law's prediction is right)
Very possibly not but the minors leagues are changing. Going to UCONN is a 3 year deal for him with a lot of additional benefits.
Again, he's already gonna have plenty of $$$ so that shouldn't be the only thing to consider.

Reaction Score
There's usually only 2-3 kids a year that are drafted in the top 5 rounds and don't sign, so highly unlikely

Reaction Score

This is a good quick 15 minute listen... they talk about Crawford and the top CT kids committed to UConn (Mozzicato, Pascarelli, Kron, Daniels, Peterson) amongst other things (local summer ball).

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> Mozzicato, a 6-foot-3 lefthander, finished off the five-inning game with a flourish, recording his 11th strikeout with fastball in the low-to-mid 90s that hit Penders’ glove and echoed throughout the brick-lined grandstand, the scouts jotting their last notes and packing up. Mozzicato, who has been touching 94 MPH with the fastball, buckling knees and getting awkward check swings with the curve and working on a change-up, talked with a group, including a rep from the Yankees as they left. He does with everyone he meets at a ball field, thanking them for coming.

And they’ve been coming all year. Padres GM A.J. Preller showed up at Mozzicato’s signature no-hitter with 17 strikeouts at Southington on May 10.

“Looking at all these scouts, I think, ‘This is ridiculous,’” Frank’s mother, Suzanne, said. “I really just want him to clean his room. That’s my priority.”

Frank, with a smirk, responds, “She spills everything.”<-

->One veteran National League scout, reflecting the latest buzz, predicted Mozzicato will go in the first two rounds of the MLB draft on July 11, perhaps among compensation pick Nos. 30-36. MLB assigned signing-bonus values in the neighborhood of $2 million for those picks last season, and high school prospects often sign above “slot.” More than enough, in other words, to hire someone to clean up after them.

“It’s not just four years somewhere,” said Frank’s father Anthony. “It’s UConn, it’s the Penders, strong family ties. We have an advisor [Boston-based agent] Joe Rosen, and he just said, ‘I understand about the education and UConn, but at some point you have to listen to this. It seems so fast how things took place. We are listening to all options, and we allow Frankie to be the lead voice, and we try to guide him in the best way.” <-

Reaction Score
I need to try to see him this year. I wish I went yesterday. We’ll never see him in Storrs.
Unfortunately, I fear that you are correct.

We seem to be snake-bitten. The CT kid a couple years ago who was taken by the Pirates in either the 3rd or 5th Rd and they paid him a lot more money than he was slotted for. Around $600K if I remember correctly.

Now Muzzy is going nuts. Muzzy would be BE Pitcher of the Year in 21-22.

Reaction Score
I would imagine him pitching either next Monday against South Windsor or Tuesday against East Hartford.
Anyone know where we can go to find out exactly when he's pitching, where and what time?

I need to go and see him 1st hand.

Thanks for any help here.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I fear that you are correct.

We seem to be snake-bitten. The CT kid a couple years ago who was taken by the Pirates in either the 3rd or 5th Rd and they paid him a lot more money than he was slotted for. Around $600K if I remember correctly.

Now Muzzy is going nuts. Muzzy would be BE Pitcher of the Year in 21-22.
Burrows... 11th round.

Reaction Score
Burrows got $500,000 plus potential education costs. I understand pitchers taking the $ more than position players (depending on how much $ of course), as an arm can blow out at any time. Will be interesting to see where the current Huskies that are eligible will go in the draft. Could be up to 9 (if I am correctly figuring out who is draft eligible). That would be the max, likely something less than that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom