Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Frank Mozzicato signing his NLI today! So excited to watch him pitch. He’s one of my personal friends. From Ellington, Mozzicato attends East Catholic and has a lot of talent. His brother was the NEC rookie of the week for CCSU
one of the best breaking pitches I've seen in quite some time. And I've heard he has increased his velocity. I notice he's signing with his right-hand.

Last edited:
one of the best breaking pitches I've seen in quite some time. And I've heard he has increased his velocity. I notice he's signing with his right-hand.

Not that it matters, but back in the days when I played baseball and softball I threw and batted left handed, but I write with my right hand as well.

008.jpg

Thought I would post a little 2021 recruiting update. From what I have listed so far, there are 15 commitments for this class which is very high. Always gotta be on the lookout from de-commits or people transferring in from other schools. Not everyone has signed their NLI but there are quite a few that have. Please feel free to say if I should remove or add anyone to my list. Go Huskies!

View attachment 61470
Thought I would post a little 2021 recruiting update. From what I have listed so far, there are 15 commitments for this class which is very high. Always gotta be on the lookout from de-commits or people transferring in from other schools. Not everyone has signed their NLI but there are quite a few that have. Please feel free to say if I should remove or add anyone to my list. Go Huskies!

Not everyone tweets out signing their Intent letter, and it is quite possible someone did but it just hasn't turned up on this thread, so I am not overly concerned about that. A few of the tweeted signings came from an entity other than the player.

Personally, I have my doubts that Joe Wozny (who was originally a high school class of 2020 and originally signed an intent letter to go to UConn starting the fall of 2020) will ever end up in Storrs, but I have found nothing on the internet to confirm this suspicion, so at this point it is probably best to leave him on the committed list until something more definite turns up.

Last edited:
[
PerfectGame.org rankings of recruits sometimes become visible to those who don't pay for the premium service. Right now all their rankings seem to be visible. Here are their rankings for the UConn baseball recruits are listed on their website (not everyone who has been reported as a UConn commit on this thread is listed on their website).

High school class of 2021:

500, which seems to work out more to the 500 to 999 range:

Matthew Garbowski - C/OF
Jackson Ferrigno - SS
Frank Mozzicato - LHP
Owen Kellington - RHP
Craig Pihlkar - RHP
Braden Quinn - LHP
Jack Sullivan - RHP
Ian Cooke - RHP
Brady Afthim - RHP

1000, which is over 1000.

Ramsey Collins - RHP
Zach Stephenson - OF
Joe Wozny - RHP

High school class of 2022:

322 - Ryan Daniels - Inf

500, which seems to work out more to the 500 to 999 range:

Levi McAllister - C
Noah Sorensen - SS
Maddix Dalena - 1B/3B
Niki Brini - OF
Sam Clark - RHP

1000, which is over 1000.

Gavin Greger - LHP/OF

High school Class of 2023:

Rated as a Follow:

Sean Stephenson - 3B

High school Class of 2024:

Rated as a High Follow:

Gabriel Tirado - C

PerfectGame.com has made a few changes in the above ratings for UConn recruits:

For the 2021 high school class, Ramsey Collins is now in the National Rank 500, moving up from National Rank 1000.

2022, Ryan Daniels has moved from 322 to 486. J.J. Hood is now National Rank 500, moving up from National Rank 1000.

2023, Sean Stephenson is now National Rank 1000.

2024, Gabriel Tirado is now at 205.

David Smith was a freshman with LaSalle last season. Played infield and right field. He is a switch hitter.

>2020: Philadelphia Baseball Review Player of the Week (2/17)… Led the Atlantic 10 and was 15th in the nation with 10 stolen bases as a freshman… Immediate every day starter as a rookie… Started in all 14 games during shortened season… Utility man spent time at shortstop, right field, third base and second base… Third on team in runs (9), RBI (7) and OBP (.367)… Also drew nine walks and homered once… Started his career on a four-game hit streak… Had a two-run single in La Salle debut at Furman (2/14)… Finished Furman series 5-for-11 with four RBI, four runs and two stolen bases, including a 3-for-4 outing in game two… Stole four bases and walked twice in game-two win over Hofstra (2/22)… Was 2-for-4 with a double and a run at Wake Forest (2/28)… Blasted a three-run homer and went 2-for-4 with two stolen bases and a walk in win at Rider (3/10).

Background: Three sport athlete at the Perkiomen School… Played baseball, football and basketball… Male Athlete of the Year and MVP of baseball team as a senior… Pottstown Mercury First Team All-Area as a senior after hitting .432 with five homers, seven doubles and three triples… Second Team All-Area as a junior after batting .327… Hit .325 as a sophomore and earned Honorable Mention All-Area… Batted .328 as a freshman… Helped team to 2019 PAISAA runner up finish as well as two final four appearances in 2016 and 2018… Second Team All-Area and MVP of football team as a junior.<

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Dude looks like a great option in the 9 spot with his speed and ability to get on base. Welcome!

Dude looks like a great option in the 9 spot with his speed and ability to get on base. Welcome!

LaSalle recently announced they were dropping baseball after the 2021 season, as well as some other sports programs. I am guessing that David Smith will arrive in Storrs following the 2021 season, but I don't know for certain. Whatever the case, he certainly looks like a quality transfer addition to the team. Assuming he arrives for the 2022 season, he could possibly be the successor to Christian Fedko at 2B, among other options.

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Loaded. The talent upgrade is great. I see hosting regionals in our future and finally winning a super regional.

I feel like with Penders bringing in multi position athletes like Crawford, Casparius, and Stock, having a guy like Power wouldn’t be a bad thing! Having pure athletes and depth is always a great thing!

My son (AJ, a c/o 2022 baseball recruit) trains in the same facility as Ryan Daniels. Great kid, tireless worker. He (a few other D1 commits) and my son often hit together. It also happens to be the same facility the Winkel’s train. Big Wink has been a mentor to AJ.

Last edited:
My son (AJ, a c/o 2022 baseball recruit) trains in the same facility as Ryan Daniels. Great kid, tireless worker. He (a few other D1 commits) and my son often hit together. It also happens to be the same facility the Winkel’s train. Big Wink has been a mentor to AJ.

Pretty sweet stroke there man. Leftie swings always look better than righties imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonaname

Top Bottom