UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
did we offer?

No offer and he committed over a month ago as this was far and away his best offer and it was felt nothing else was going to materialize. I have a feeling he might struggle at Seton Hall due to a serious lack of velocity (79-81 mph this summer) and little room to grow because of what I have heard is a lack of natural ("God given") arm strength. Daiss was the only one on that Shelton team that I think had any sort of interest from UConn at one point or another. One name that you might see pop up is Bobby Moretti, who has been rumored to be transferring to Shelton HS. I however think that there might be some rumors that will get floated around of UConn interest but I would be a little surprised if anything were to come from it.
Also on a side note, I think you will hear of Cam Stone committing to a school like a Northeastern or Hartford at some point if he hasn't already. That seems to be the level that he would fit in well at but I know his name had been mentioned here before.

Reaction Score
No offer and he committed over a month ago as this was far and away his best offer and it was felt nothing else was going to materialize. I have a feeling he might struggle at Seton Hall due to a serious lack of velocity (79-81 mph this summer) and little room to grow because of what I have heard is a lack of natural ("God given") arm strength. Daiss was the only one on that Shelton team that I think had any sort of interest from UConn at one point or another. One name that you might see pop up is Bobby Moretti, who has been rumored to be transferring to Shelton HS. I however think that there might be some rumors that will get floated around of UConn interest but I would be a little surprised if anything were to come from it.
Also on a side note, I think you will hear of Cam Stone committing to a school like a Northeastern or Hartford at some point if he hasn't already. That seems to be the level that he would fit in well at but I know his name had been mentioned here before.
Two names of CT seniors to be that might be capable of playing at UConn, and there's mutual interest are Matt Albanese a pitcher /OF from Xavier, and Matt Baldino a pitcher from Bristol Central. Baldino has had good success during his jr year, He was quoted, in the spring, that he'd like to go down south. That was in the Htfd. Courant.

Reaction Score
Two names of CT seniors to be that might be capable of playing at UConn, and there's mutual interest are Matt Albanese a pitcher /OF from Xavier, and Matt Baldino a pitcher from Bristol Central. Baldino has had good success during his jr year, He was quoted, in the spring, that he'd like to go down south. That was in the Htfd. Courant.
Actually spoke to his dad at a game that Matt was pitching at Muzzy Field. He pitched a no-hitter that night against Maloney. At that time his Dad said that St. John's was recruiting him the hardest. He did say they liked UConn, but at that time Uconn was not recruiting him as hard as other schools. He did not mention what other schools ( besides SJ's) were recruiting him. This was 4 months ago, so I have no idea his current recruiting status. Just figured I would share this info FWIW.

Reaction Score
New commit! ... Taylor Olmstead , OF, Greenwich HS ... MSG Varsity loves this kid.

Reaction Score
Here's a recruit who is already enrolled (2012). His name is Jimmy Kopack a pitcher from Staples in Westport. He had over 60K's in 45 innings, last season, according to the Norwalk Hour.

Reaction Score
Milone scored 5 td's (3 rec. and 2 punt returns) tonight for Masuk over Pomperaug.

Reaction Score
Someone on TOS thought that Joe Zanghi from Foran is committed to play for UConn in 2013. He is a catcher described by the NH Register as argueably the strongest player in the state with a gun for an arm behind the plate. He did throw out 12 runners this past season.
With DeBellis leaving, catcher & 1b are shortcomings. Zanghi sounds like an ideal recruit.
Anybody know if this is true?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Someone on TOS thought that Joe Zanghi from Foran is committed to play for UConn in 2013. He is a catcher described by the NH Register as argueably the strongest player in the state with a gun for an arm behind the plate. He did throw out 12 runners this past season.
With DeBellis leaving, catcher & 1b are shortcomings. Zanghi sounds like an ideal recruit.
Anybody know if this is true?

the last i heard he was going to SJU i thought. would be a good pickup by us if so considering the need...we have really rose on the trail in baseball. i feel like we are ny and north east as strong as anyone and really are only losing to the draft and sec/acc teams after certain kids.

edit-i can confirm he is a uconn baseball player class of 2017.

Reaction Score
That's great, just what we need. Now, to top this class off we need a 1b.
We brought in 3 MIF's this year, and with Sullivan coming in at 3rd, all we need is to fill the other corner position.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
That's great, just what we need. Now, to top this class off we need a 1b.
We brought in 3 MIF's this year, and with Sullivan coming in at 3rd, all we need is to fill the other corner position.

any thoughts to who we may be looking at?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
guess what the adds are now on the side and top iof pages when i log in?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
milone signs(pic). sounds like zanghi also did sign
A7rqs1ECcAAgizs.jpg:large

Reaction Score
Good news. That football game on TV had him going to MLB.
pcrosscghecker now has their 2013 recruits to view for free. They list 6 players Milone, Garabedean, Zapata, Ruotolo, Kay, & Sullivan. No mention of Olsen, Zanghi, Olmstead or Nepiarsky yet.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The guys on here that keep tabs on baseball recruiting are godsends. Major props and thanks.

Reaction Score
Here's another recruit according to pgcrosschecker it's Gerard Speigel a 6'1" RHP from Trumbull who was clocked @ 86 MPH in Oct. Don't know anything else about him.
On another front Milone had a heck of a football game last night. According to the CT Post, the NY Yankees are visiting with him this weekend. Obviously, they will gage his preference, college or pros before making any draft decisions on him. I'm sure other teams will meet with him to gage his preference.
Also, Taylor Olmstead intercepted a pass and ran it back 97 yards for a TD.
If Malone, Olmstead & Garabedean play in the same OF, it's one hell of an athletic OF.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'm from Trumbull. I'll see if I can ask around and find out what the story is with Speigel. Do you know if he's at Trumbull High or a private school?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom