OT - Bama Boosters pay off Nick Saban's mortgage | The Boneyard

OT - Bama Boosters pay off Nick Saban's mortgage

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Now THIS is fan support.

Nick Saban may earn in the area of $7 million per year, but that doesn't stop the Alabamafaithful from helping out their championship-winning coach whenever and however they can. According to a report from AL.com, the Crimson Tide Foundation paid off Saban's $3.1 million home in January 2013 even though the organization was under no obligation to do so.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Forgot this bit:

The Sabans, who bought the 8,759-square-foot home in 2007, continue living there with the foundation picking up the tab for property taxes each year.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Why won't anyone do this for me...
You know, I could afford a house like that if someone else paid the mortgage and taxes. I'm pretty sure I could swing the utilities.

Reaction Score
But there's no way any of those recruits (or families) ever get anything like that!! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
But there's no way any of those recruits (or families) ever get anything like that!! :rolleyes:
Forget that, its just too unfortunate our football coach isn't stable for such an investment. Saban is worth every penny, as for us we need an awful lot of help.

I would become blind if we can boost our recruiting in similar ways. But for Bama I really don't think they need recruiting gimmicks or tricks to get top players. Although boosters can do strange things as we can see.

Reaction Score
Forget that, its just too unfortunate our football coach isn't stable for such an investment. Saban is worth every penny, as for us we need an awful lot of help.

I would become blind if we can boost our recruiting in similar ways. But for Bama I really don't think they need recruiting gimmicks or tricks to get top players. Although boosters can do strange things as we can see.

Our coach will never be Saban-like. We're fine with what we have now we just need to have patience as he has a huge road to hoe after PP's disaster. Being new to HCing and being left with that pile isn't going to be a 1 or 2 year job that's for sure.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised this gets people so worked up. As a point of clarification, they actually purchased the home from the Sabans and will allow them to live there rent free. So essentially rent is now part of his compensation. Drop in the pond of his total compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom