OT: Bama and the 3 dwarves | The Boneyard

OT: Bama and the 3 dwarves

Reaction Score
Everyone who wanted new blood in the CFP may just get it this year ... other than Bama.
Clemson = out
Ohio St has a loss
Oklahoma is struggling again tonight, as they've done every week

Should be an intriguing season

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Wonder what Cincy has to do to get a shot…

Reaction Score
If they go undefeated they’ll have a win over ND which will greatly enhance the resume.
if Oregon and Okla lose — both possible— then that would definitely open a spot for Cinc.
Also SEC has a lot of top tier matchups that could eliminate some folks.

Reaction Score
I think it is great that no ACC teams are in the top 4!

Reaction Score
They'd have to go 13-0 with all comfortable wins. And Notre Dame would need to go 11-1 with their only loss being to Cincy. They would also need all p5 teams to have at least one loss, and two losses when it comes to the SEC.

Reaction Score
with Cincy moving onto the Big XII soon they probably have a better (not great) shot this year than the would've otherwise.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
They'd have to go 13-0 with all comfortable wins. And Notre Dame would need to go 11-1 with their only loss being to Cincy. They would also need all p5 teams to have at least one loss, and two losses when it comes to the SEC.
Notre Dame has not passed the eye test yet IMO. But regardless, I have this feeling that even if what you say above happens and the final spot is between ND and Cincy, it goes to ND. Would love to be wrong about that, but it seems to be how the CFP committee wants to choose their teams.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame has not passed the eye test yet IMO. But regardless, I have this feeling that even if what you say above happens and the final spot is between ND and Cincy, it goes to ND. Would love to be wrong about that, but it seems to be how the CFP committee wants to choose their teams.
There would be an absolute mutiny if Cincy goes undefeated with a win AT Notre Dame and Notre Dame got in the playoff over them.

Reaction Score
There would be an absolute mutiny if Cincy goes undefeated with a win AT Notre Dame and Notre Dame got in the playoff over them.
That would really expose the hypocrisy of the CFP. Also goes to show how hard it is to keep a football program consistently at the top.

Reaction Score
But the real question is, would the CFP even care if Cincy is mad at them?
You’d also have the AAC and the Big12 mad at them.

no chance of ND getting in over Cinci if the cats are undefeated

Reaction Score
If it's ND vs. Cincy and Cincy has a head to head win AND is undefeated... it would be tough to leave them out, but not impossible. If the Cincinnati game victory is seen as close or flukey they'll be plenty of discussion on the college football shows about how the totality of the schedule shows that Notre Dame is a better, more deserving team, instead of a Cincinnati team who played a bunch of G5 teams and "got lucky".

Cincinnati's season really is a one-game season to make their argument. If they lose to Notre Dame, it won't matter how dominant they are in conference, it would take a catastrophic amount of turmoil to get them to the top-4.... if they fail to win convincingly they leave themselves open to be surpassed... possibly even by a team they beat.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Get ready for that to happen but I think ND will slip a few times and it may be a mute point

Reaction Score
You'd hear how UC doesn't play as tough a schedule so they weren't as beat up as ND, blah , blah, blah.........

Reaction Score
Cincy needs to beat ND and beat them handedly. Only then will they be considered, albeit briefly, for the playoffs. But if the B1G AND the ACC are left out this year, then you best believe those 2 conferences are going to pull some weight and get the playoffs expanded.

Reaction Score
Cincy needs to beat ND and beat them handedly. Only then will they be considered, albeit briefly, for the playoffs. But if the B1G AND the ACC are left out this year, then you best believe those 2 conferences are going to pull some weight and get the playoffs expanded.
With Penn St, Iowa, Ohio St, Michigan, I'm sure the BiG will get one team in.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We should root for our former cellar mate Arkansas. I would love to see Ole Miss stun Bama. After that they don't have to worry much. Oregon has such an easy schedule.

I think this is the year UGA finally wins it, but they have to get past the next two weeks.

Reaction Score
I just hope Notre Dame or Ohio State doesn't get matched up against Alabama in a playoff game.

Reaction Score
I just hope Notre Dame or Ohio State doesn't get matched up against Alabama in a playoff game.
No problem. ND is out after today.
No one on the rest of the Irish sked is ranked so little chance for them to climb up.

Ala & Ga looking tough to top. Cinci needs Okla and Oregon to lose, and for one team to dominate the B10.

Reaction Score
5 teams ahead of Cinc
SEC champ
Sec runnerup
Oklahona
BiG champ
BiG runnerup

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well that didn't take long for the Pac 12 to remove themselves from the playoff picture, like usual.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
5 teams ahead of Cinc
SEC champ
Sec runnerup
Oklahona
BiG champ
BiG runnerup
Oklahoma will lose a game before the CFP. They have not looked impressive at all this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom