Baltimore Sun article on tonight's game | The Boneyard

Baltimore Sun article on tonight's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"Howard in part chose Maryland because of the school's tradition of strong frontcourt players under Frese. Howard's 5.4 rebounds per game have helped the Terrapins rise to first in the country in rebounding margin (plus-28), and Maryland's field-goal percentage of .508, which is seventh in the country, includes Howard's 53.6 percent shooting."

"It's definitely really exciting," Howard said of playing Connecticut on national television. "It's going to be a good test for us. It's just going to help us come together more as a team. It's really cool because growing up I never thought all this would be happening, but I'm so excited I get to be a part of all this and to get to play against UConn."

LINK

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
As a native Yinzer, I liked the Link to the Link to the victory by my Stillers over the Ballmer Ravens.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The same article ran in the Post, as the original source.

Page 1 of the Sports section noted: "A measuring stick: The Maryland women's team faces a big challenge at No. 2 U-Conn." Yep.

The article notes little about UConn, really only their depth and ranking. Maybe some readet would be interested in knowing that Bria Hartley was an All-American and that Kelly, Breanna, Kaleena, and Stef are also among the very best players in America.

Reaction Score
That may be true, Maryland's strong front court presence, but have they ever had someone as talented as Tina Charles?Seventy-eight wins in a row, two consecutive national championships, best player awards as a senior, either Tina or Mya won, WNBA Rookie of the Year, and WNBA MVP. National Championships - UConn 7 / Maryland 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom