Ball State Vs. N.Illinois | The Boneyard

Ball State Vs. N.Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tonite: ESPN2 at 8 pm.

Chance to view Ball State (Pete Lembo) vs #15 Northern Illinois.

Hope Warde gives Lembo high consideration. Rumors floating that several other programs
including Virginia might be looking to move on HC position. The list of programs is short though
since a look at FBS programs mired in bad positions is smaller than expected due to recent hires in their first year of turnaround projects.

Lembo thoroughly aware of the ACC positions (Virginia) as he is tight with new NC STATE (Doerzen) formally
with Northern Illinois before moving to NC STATE.

Reaction Score
I saw that blurb about Virginia in an article yesterday. Can Uconn outspend the Cadavaliers? My top two at this point are Narduzzi and Lembo.

Reaction Score
I saw that blurb about Virginia in an article yesterday. Can Uconn outspend the Cadavaliers? My top two at this point are Narduzzi and Lembo.

I think there are several other factors. both are turnaround jobs. But a closer look at the Virginia problem might be linked to their AD. See attached below. In his tenure as AD, he has had 2 ACC coach of the year
coaches and has intervened in both tenures dictating who to hire etc when it came to staff..

http://www.streakingthelawn.com/201...rs-football-mike-london-coaching-change-fired

I think for the right coach, the dollars will be spent and we can compete with Virginia at that level.
Second, most will quickly jump on the AAC vs ACC situation for a coach. Studying Lembo's career, I think he goes UCONN
for several reasons.
a) Huge upside for turning around a devastated situation with potential of possible B1G or ACC within 5 years.
b) Time to turn a debacle around...5 year deal.
c) Huge upside with $$$.
d) Very limited success at NC STATE (0 wins in the ACC) for his close friend out of the MAC (Doeren out of Northern Illinois).
e)He can bring his entire staff which he did when he went from Elon to Ball State. (see attached article with Virginia AD interference).
f)Awesome facilities at UCONN.
g)He is a former BE grad and knows the Virginia marketplace and the NE marketplace for fanbase being a Staten Island guy. Thumbs up to UCONN.

Reaction Score

The question is can Virginia afford to fire Mike London?:

“@CavsJournal: If fired, according to London's contract, he is owed every $ in base salary and supplemental compensation. Over 3 yrs, that's $8.1 mil”

There is also a $3.0m buyout clause for the assistant coaches.

He has a Top 50 recruiting class (right behind Oregon). Think it's unlikely that ML goes anywhere (this year).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am in route to Vegas, looking at what games I am betting. Over is 72 1/2? And I might take it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
The question is can Virginia afford to fire Mike London?:

“@CavsJournal: If fired, according to London's contract, he is owed every $ in base salary and supplemental compensation. Over 3 yrs, that's $8.1 mil”

There is also a $3.0m buyout clause for the assistant coaches.

He has a Top 50 recruiting class (right behind Oregon). Think it's unlikely that ML goes anywhere (this year).

That could be very good for us in landing the best possible guy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Reaction Score
I think Warde should just tweet a salary number at Lembo. He could be here in time for the Temple game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom