Ball State...lembo tonite | The Boneyard

Ball State...lembo tonite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tonite, 8 P.M. ESPN 2 ...Ball State vs. Central Michigan.
Chance to preview and look at Lembo coached team. Undefeated in the MAC (8 & 1 overall)

Pretty sick when we're watching other games to preview coaches....

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I will be watching the Bowling Green/Miami of Ohio game yesterday for that very reason. I liked what I saw from Clawson's Bowling Green team last night.

Reaction Score
Lol. I see this thread, turn on the game and the first thing i see is a 96 yard drive on three plays. 3 big plays.

Reaction Score
By Ball St...the drive...that guy is a very good coach. We'd be lucky to land him.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Yeah, Ball St is damn good. I like Lembo > Clawson or Campbell because his progression at Ball St has been very steadily improving over the years.

Example: on this past drive, we saw a read-option with a slightly different wrinkle. The HB ran a counter and ran back into the hole that the QB was going towards so that he could take advantage of a lead block thrown by the…QB. Run netted over 15 yards and could have gone further. I know I've seen that when a play breaks down, but you could tell that that was a designed run by the way the OL was blocking to the left to open the hole on the right.

Reaction Score
Lembo is impressive. Very creative offense with a lot of misdirection. The announcers said his coordinators have each been with him for the past 9 years, presumably they would come to UCONN too.

The thing I like about Lembo is he seems to have a knack for quick turnarounds. I also like that coming from the MAC he would probably look at our roster's talent pool as an improvement over what he has now, there wouldn't be any cupboard is bare whining. (no excuses just solutions)

Oh BTW, Lembo has a reputation for intelligent half time adjustments.

Still my # 1 choice - Pete Lembo the next great coach out of the MAC.

Next Wednesday Ball State vs # 18 N. Illinois on ESPN

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That game was enjoyable. Had CMU +21 and over 57.5. As lucky as you can get - but I'm one of 5k that were watching at the end.

Reaction Score
Lembo is impressive. Very creative offense with a lot of misdirection. The announcers said his coordinators have each been with him for the past 9 years, presumably they would come to UCONN too.

The thing I like about Lembo is he seems to have a knack for quick turnarounds. I also like that coming from the MAC he would probably look at our roster's talent pool as an improvement over what he has now, there wouldn't be any cupboard is bare whining. (no excuses just solutions)

Oh BTW, Lembo has a reputation for intelligent half time adjustments.

Still my # 1 choice - Pete Lembo the next great coach out of the MAC.

Next Wednesday Ball State vs # 18 N. Illinois on ESPN

Also my #1 choice...
Originally from NYC (Staten Island)..right down the road.
Very cerebal coach. ....reputation as a game changer during the game (meaning we won't see a 168 lb running back up the middle 3 plays in a row...10 series in a row)
years as a HC...13 years and successful at each stop up the ladder.
somewhat Familiar with the BE turf and traditions of UCONN being a Georgetown grad years ago.
Can recruit and coach up....Ball State already has 16 recruits committed for 2014 on RIVALS.com.

Articles on in MAC land are all talking about the salary level needs to go up to keep him ($400K base).
No payoff /buyout clauses to land him.

http://ballstatesports.com/ViewArti...B_OEM_ID=14200&ATCLID=205058354&Q_SEASON=2013

Dooley

Reaction Score
Agreed, I had him at #3 behind Narduzzi and Herman about a week ago. Right now, I'd say he's a close second behind Narduzzi and Mullen (if fired by Miss St):

1 (tie): Pat Narduzzi, DC Mich St
1 (tie): Dan Mullen, HC Miss St
2: Pete Lembo, HC Ball St
3. Tom Herman, OC Ohio St

Reaction Score
We should offer him TODAY. This guy is a terrific coach. He takes teams with lesser talent and competes with them. No way Ball State is getting the same level of talent that some other MAC schools get, and their facilites are well below average on top of that, but he can coach the heck out his teams. Creative offense. In game adjustments. And he knows how to be a head coach. He's my #1 by a long shot over any and all coordinators from any where. I'd probably take Mullen over him but it would be real close. I loved this guy when he was at Lehigh. His teams were so well coached. Have to admit I didn't follow him at Elon, but apparently it was similar. And you just need to watch Ball St for 5 minutes and you see that they are very well coached, too. And he gets $400,000 so there is room. Problem I see is that he will get scooped up by a Big 10 school. Iowa maybe?

Reaction Score
Take a proven winner every time. While a guy who has been on a winning team may get it done it's only potential, as in, he hasn't done it yet. Go with the guy who has done it. Pay him at a level that other schools will hesitate matching, including the Big 10. I agree, hire him today, if you can.

Reaction Score
Agreed, I had him at #3 behind Narduzzi and Herman about a week ago. Right now, I'd say he's a close second behind Narduzzi and Mullen (if fired by Miss St):

1 (tie): Pat Narduzzi, DC Mich St
1 (tie): Dan Mullen, HC Miss St
2: Pete Lembo, HC Ball St
3. Tom Herman, OC Ohio St

I like the thought of Dan Mullen simply because he's an SEC guy.. If he gets the axe and we snag him he'd probably be an immediate hit up here... What he doesn't accomplish at MSU I truly believe he can accomplish here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom