Badass Awards vs. Chatanooga go to. . . | The Boneyard

Badass Awards vs. Chatanooga go to. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . Gabby and Napheesa!:):):):):)

Acknowledge fine game and floor burns by Lou and good debut into the rotation by Molly.:)

Yucks to the grey uniforms and, worse yet, CD, Shea and Marisa carrying that funereal sartorial statement too far.:(

Reaction Score
Lol @ funeral satorial. I agree on the split with Gabby and Pheesa.

Reaction Score
If only Saniya had made a couple of her shots, along with her great floor game, passes and several sharp assists, we would be giving her strong consideration tonight. Soon, very soon, she will be all that we wish her to be!

Reaction Score

Acknowledge fine game and floor burns by Lou and good debut into the rotation by Molly.:)

Yucks to the grey uniforms and, worse yet, CD, Shea and Marisa carrying that funereal sartorial statement too far.:(
Wish I could "like" that post four times.

Reaction Score
The "home grays" are just awful, especially when playing against a team wearing road blues. Its like waiting for someone to turn all the lights on.
Yeah but only UConn has the fancy new shiny writing on their uniforms so you can easily see the numbers at least.

Reaction Score

Gabby and Napheesa were clearly the most deserving. Not to take anything away from Napheesa, but Gabby is playing with such unrelenting aggression, contributing in every aspect of the game in dominating fashion, and leaping ferociously for rebounds...she's almost in a class by herself in terms of her overall effort!

Reaction Score
To me, Saniya deserved the award tonight. She filled a hole in the roster with confidence and spirited play. She came through admirably when little was expected of her by many.
Isn't Saniya the starting PG? What hole did she fill exactly? I would say Molly filled the hole since she moved up on the depth chart from second to first guard off the bench.

Reaction Score
Please help an unpracticed eye. In the starting lineup last evening would you say Saniya is PG? It appears to me in most instances it is Kia bringing up the ball and initiating the play with Saniya initially planted in the corner. Appears to me Saniya is playing the 2. In earlier games, when Crystal comes in she is the PG - no question there.

Reaction Score
Irwin and Butler can't jump. Irwin has to protect the ball with her body because facing up, she's getting her shot rejected by anyone her size, or bigger. Butler is trying, but lacks strength, also needing to have her defender on her off shoulder to have a scoring chance. I agree with Geno that facing a choice between the short jumper or a drive, Gabby should slash to the hoop. Good win, Lou taking all her opportunities, splitting the defense and creating.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Please help an unpracticed eye. In the starting lineup last evening would you say Saniya is PG? It appears to me in most instances it is Kia bringing up the ball and initiating the play with Saniya initially planted in the corner. Appears to me Saniya is playing the 2. In earlier games, when Crystal comes in she is the PG - no question there.
They rotate 'PG' responsibility which is what Uconn quite frequently does - once they start running the half court offense, it is really hard to identify a PG because they all cycle through the central position, so the distinction is bringing the ball up and making the first pass, and that gets traded around quite a bit. Not sure of the theory, except it can alter the shape of the defense a bit if the typically 'off guard' defender is having to switch between being in the center of the defense from series to series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom