Badass Award for UConn vs, DePaul goes to . . . | The Boneyard

Badass Award for UConn vs, DePaul goes to . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . Kia Nurse!:):):):):)

Had it not been for a slight 2nd quarter lapse, "Team Defense" deserved Badass recognition. And maybe Crystal and Gabby deserve accolades for even lacing up their sneakers despite their ailments. :rolleyes:

Seriously, we're all glad they're really, really well. ;)

Reaction Score
Absolutely, Kia! She continued to hit shots after she cooled off a little; that's a really hard thing to do. And all the kids gutted it out.

But my 2nd Badass would go to the original and biggest Badass: Geno! For stoking this team.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Absolutely, Kia! She continued to hit shots after she cooled off a little; that's a really hard thing to do. And all the kids gutted it out.

But my 2nd Badass would go to the original and biggest Badass: Geno! For stoking this team.

Right on bags; what a con job....brilliant...and I thought he was really pissed the other night at the presser.
Challenged them to play tough D, to be tough altogether
And they responded.

You get to a point in the season and you ask
They're not a perfectly set-up team, personnel wise

But does anyone have what it takes to beat them?
And the answer...
Maybe not.

We'll know Wed...
We'll be in the state, at the U in Bloomington...too bad, just a little too far for an excursion.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Shocked!.jpg
Shocked! I'm shocked I tell you.

Reaction Score
I'm absolutely happy for her and she probably feels like a whole building has been lifted off her shoulders. Now watch her do some major "Pre-Season AAC Player of the Year" damage the next few games.

Reaction Score
We have 6 badass stars so far.
Gabby, Napheese, Chong, Katie Lou, Crystal and big Kia.... (shame Geno not let Kia to play 6 more mins and she can score 40+ points).
Who is next? I say Butler.

Last edited:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
First, Let me apologize to Ms. Kia, because I really didn't see her stepping up. Ms. Kia my award go to you tonight, you came out on fire, and I loved it. For now on, that's how you play, no thinking just having fun.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I think Kia had 19 pts in the 1st quarter alone.

I know they haven't been playing quarters (rather than halves) for all that long BUT I bet it will be quite awhile before someone scores 20 in a single quarter to break this mark, at least at UCONN!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Kia had 19 pts in the 1st quarter alone.

I know they haven't been playing quarters (rather than halves) for all that long BUT I bet it will be quite awhile before someone scores 20 in a single quarter to break this mark, at least at UCONN!
Kiah outscored DePaul over 3 quarters by 33-30. Maya would be happy with that.

Maybe Lou will get 20 in a quarter against Texas. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And Gabby
Was not shabby.
Gabby had a good game, despite only 2 points. The zone stopped her, but the outside game was open and clicking. Gabby had 10 assists and 6 turnovers. She forced a few too many passes against the zone, but she showed her versatility.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
To me tonight's winner is simple. No question. Done and done. The badass award in my opinion goes to one person and one person only. That is Geno for his comments "This team needs to get its butt kicked, soon and bad". His was the spur to these horses and the ran out of the paddock like hellions.

Reaction Score
KIA Geno made a mistake ....he stated huskies need their Arse Kicked. The Huskies Kicked Arse !,led by Kia firing on all 12 cylinders,

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
KIA Geno made a mistake ....he stated huskies need their Arse Kicked. The Huskies Kicked Arse !,led by Kia firing on all 12 cylinders,

The genius of the master motivator.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Kia was in a zone last night. If you've never seen one, THAT is what one looks like. Just about everything a player puts up goes in. When you're in a zone, you have perfect rhythm. My son (who played D-1 ) was in 3 during his 4 year college playing career. I was lucky enough to witness two of them. This is what he told me about being in a zone: "The basket looks as big as a hoola hoop. You don't notice (or care) who's guarding you. You don't hear the crowd. It's just you and the ball, and you think every shot is going in".

Reaction Score
Gabby had a good game, despite only 2 points. The zone stopped her, but the outside game was open and clicking. Gabby had 10 assists and 6 turnovers. She forced a few too many passes against the zone, but she showed her versatility.
MAYBE...but the zone didn't stop Pheesa inside. I'm wondering whether she's limiting her jumping because of whatever's ailing her leg (I'm guessing minor hammy).

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
From what I was watching it seemed to me Depaul was trying to take away Gabby and KLS which left Collier quite open and Gabby made some great passes to get her those open looks.

The thing that amazes me is your defense, I thought that you had a good core coming back but you literally left Depaul looking completely lost and confused.

Reaction Score
Kia deserved sole possession of the Badass Award last night, bar none including Coach. Pan Am Kia returned for one night, and hopefully many more to come. She has struggled mightily at times and we've watched her "lose it" emotionally out of frustration. She put together a (college) career performance last night and it's a tribute to her desire to work hard and be great, as well as the efforts of her coaches to guide her, and her teammates to support her. Well done, Kia! Well done Huskies!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Kia didn't break 40. Not so badass after all, say Maya and Nykesha..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom