Bad Parents | The Boneyard

Bad Parents

Reaction Score
Watched this last night. Pretty much nails the idiocy that we have made club soccer. I’m no sure what the alternative is but we took a really simple sport and made it too complicated.

Reaction Score
Watched this last night. Pretty much nails the idiocy that we have made club soccer. I’m no sure what the alternative is but we took a really simple sport and made it too complicated.

Can't believe I hadn't heard of this! Was it any good (Edit: I looked it up and it gets horrid reviews)? Per that wikipedia site, it played in a theater less than 2 miles from my house two months after my son's U8 team had a game against PDA end early because one of our parents ran on the field. To her credit, it was a safety issue (not a "bad call" issue), but it was pretty embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Can't believe I hadn't heard of this! Was it any good (Edit: I looked it up and it gets horrid reviews)? Per that wikipedia site, it played in a theater less than 2 miles from my house two months after my son's U8 team had a game against PDA end early because one of our parents ran on the field. To her credit, it was a safety issue (not a "bad call" issue), but it was pretty embarrassing.

It’s like an indie flick. I think that only people who have had 3 weekends a month consumed by club soccer nearly year round would get it. It’s so true.

Reaction Score
In today’s hyper-helicopter generation, how is soccer different from most sports?

Reaction Score

Separate the two issues.

Bad parenting is one thing.

Overly complicated soccer system is another.

You can have either without the other.

The fact is, I see more parent craziness at the local/travel level than I do at the insane academy/premier levels.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom