bad loss and other thoughts | The Boneyard

bad loss and other thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. How can you be up by 12 with just over 5 mins left then lose by 4? I'm having a hard time trying to figure this one out. The last 5 minutes of the game was a dumpster fire; come on, a double dribble? Really? And talk about horrendous clock management, then throw in a shot clock violation, I can't figure out what am I watching, one thing is sure, this isn't UCONN basketball that I know.

I hate to kick someone when they're down, but for crying out loud this was ridiculous! The defense allows 4 three pointers in the last 5 minutes to let Temple back in the game and they still can't figure out what's going on. We're eating their lunch the whole game and then we completely and totally come apart at the seams and lose the game; it;s like a prize fighter going the distance and losing on a decision, hard to accept it.

I've been a long time husky fan, especially men's basketball and I live and die by this team. When they win, life is good, but when they lose, don't wake me up because i don't want to talk to anyone. Sadly, I lost it last night and blew off some steam at the wrong person, my wife. Fortunately, she was very gracious and everything is good. Unfortunately, I care very much about whether this team wins or loses, it affects my attitude. This is especially hard after a game like last night when we snatched defeat out of the hands of victory, really hard to swallow this loss.

UCONN men's basketball is my passion and will always be. I'm really proud of what both the men's and women's programs have accomplished since the mid 80's, I have even turned some of my friends into fans of the program because of my passion for UCONN basketball. I must confess; I don't have the confidence I used to have in previous UCONN teams, we won the games we were expected to win, no problems. We always put out a great product on the floor and when you played a UCONN team, you better bring your A game because that was what you were going to get from a Jim Calhoun coached team. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start anything because I want Kevin Ollie to be just as successful as Jim Calhoun, but I just don't feel I have the confidence I once had because we don't always win the games we should win and we lay some eggs a little more frequently than we used to. I'm not bashing anyone, I'm a fan just like you and this type of loss really gets to me and I just need to sound off a bit. I want UCONN basketball to be as successful as you do, but I'm just not feeling it at this time.

I'm not normally a regular poster, I read the board everyday to find out what is going on with the team ( ie. recruiting, game recaps, BY'ers thoughts, player updates, etc... I even visit the conference realignment every day to see the latest news about my team. I'm a UCONN fan through and through and I experience the highs and lows just like any other fan on the board. I'm not at the point that I'm going to jump off the cliff after a loss like this, but I am looking. Just kidding.

I want the UCONN men's basketball team to succeed and be the program every other program tries to emulate. I want to win as many national championships as we possibly can. I am still and will continue to support UCONN basketball, we just need to develop a killer instinct and just win when we are expected to and win when we need to. I don't know what needs to be done for this team to do that, I just hope they figure it out fast.

Thanks for letting me vent, I just needed to get some things off my chest. Go UCONN!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I just shook my head and said "here we go again". We could really get technical on one's play. But Temple shot lights out 3 during the last 5-7 minutes. Dingle. Who the heck is he. Well he introduced himself nicely last night. Better perimeter D? Yes, but you still have to make those shots. Temple did nothing until the last 5-7 minutes. It looked like another second half blowout. Well.

Reaction Score
I just shook my head and said "here we go again". We could really get technical on one's play. But Temple shot lights out 3 during the last 5-7 minutes. Dingle. Who the heck is he. Well he introduced himself nicely last night. Better perimeter D? Yes, but you still have to make those shots. Temple did nothing until the last 5-7 minutes. It looked like another second half blowout. Well.
All we had to do was make some of the layups and it doesn't matter how well Temple shoots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3
Top Bottom