Bad-ass award goes to... | The Boneyard

Bad-ass award goes to...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kibitzer has been absent for a bit and was the usual keeper of the bad-ass threads. It's really a no brainer tho... the first bad-ass award of the 2017-2018 season goes to...

Crystal Dangerfield.

It should be no surprise after the game, but perhaps no one would have picked her to be the best player on the floor the entire game. She missed a few shots towards the end, but not only was her scoring on point, but her command of the flow of the offense was really really good. And she played some inspired defense as well.

Sure, the 2nd half was messy, and much of the scoring in the first half came off steals and turnovers by Stanford, but UCONN was so active defensively, and Crystal was in the thick of it from the start. Not only was her defense and shooting impressive, but I thought the team ran much more smoothly when she was the floor general. Passes went were they were supposed to go, and she seemed to be in complete control.

Things to work on? Of course. But for her first game as a sophomore, I would say unequivocally that the sophomore leap is in full bloom with her.

Honorable mention to Lou. She was physical on offense AND defense, and scored from everywhere.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
BA Award? Dangerfield?

image.jpg

Reaction Score
Surely a no brainer this game... Crystal was outstanding, and adds one more "poison" for other teams to pick between.

Lou was pretty solid as well... showing diversified game and scoring... how many points again... oh yeah, 21... her average for the last season.

Looking for great things this year.

Go Huskies!!

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Have to agree with Danger for the BA award for her play at both ends of the court, with an honorable mention to Lou for her usually good offense as well as her new found defensive intensity.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Fun comments. Glad to see everyone seems to agree that Danger was a standout, and Lou was close behind....

Reaction Score
Of course, Crystal's shooting is impressive: there's a way that (as in last year's Baylor game) it seems like a knife to the heart. Daggerfield?

But as EricLA says, perhaps even more so, her ability to slide quickly into and interrupt the passing lanes. Because of her lack of size, she will give up points, but she will take away more by her quickness. She had a bunch of steals and deflections yesterday and is, of course, amazingly quick to get the ball out and go the other way.

Reaction Score
Chrystal! I loved the screens her teammates set for her as she launched the 3's.

Reaction Score
Ericla, thanks been looking for this post and hope Kibitzer is ok. MS Dangerfield was absolutely the biggest bad-ass on Sunday. Hopefully she has many, many similar games this season.

Reaction Score
Ericla, thanks been looking for this post and hope Kibitzer is ok. MS Dangerfield was absolutely the biggest bad-ass on Sunday. Hopefully she has many, many similar games this season.
Kib posted on the Veterans Day Roll Call thread the other day...

Thanks to all who served--and to the loved ones back home who provided support and welcomed their heroes if and when they returned safely.
For myself, 20 years in the US Army. From recruit to LtCol, mostly in Special Forces. I did two tours in Nam, and others in Germany(10th SF Group) and at Fort Bragg (7th SF Group).It was a great career and I loved every minute of it.
Today I enjoyed a dinner at the local American Legion. Gave me a chance to wear my green beret again.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kib posted on the Veterans Day Roll Call thread the other day...
Awesome thanks! Maybe he forgot that he's the official keeper of the "Bad-ass" awards! I'll gladly relinquish back to him should he decide to jump in. Otherwise, maybe we can call it the "Kibitzer Bad-Ass Award"... Sort of like the Werth Center, Gampel Pavilion, and Burton Complex...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom