Bad 4th quarters | The Boneyard

Bad 4th quarters

Reaction Score
Why in out 2 losses have the 4th quarters been so bad? Or, stated differently, could anything have been done differently to produce better results in the 4th quarter ?
Possible reasons:
Fatigue due to high starter minutes
Other team has figured out our strategy by then
Our offensive strategy shrinks then somehow
Defense softens a lot by 4th
Opponents not in foul trouble in 4th
I don’t know, something about the 4th in these losses is hurting is

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Why in out 2 losses have the 4th quarters been so bad? Or, stated differently, could anything have been done differently to produce better results in the 4th quarter ?
Possible reasons:
Fatigue due to high starter minutes
Other team has figured out our strategy by then
Our offensive strategy shrinks then somehow
Defense softens a lot by 4th
Opponents not in foul trouble in 4th
I don’t know, something about the 4th in these losses is hurting is
My bet is Nerves / Confidence. First few minutes tips the scales. You hope we have more mental toughness to take a punch and hit back but I don't see it (especially without paige). The same thing on the other side for ND

Reaction Score
My bet is Nerves / Confidence. First few minutes tips the scales. You hope we have more mental toughness to take a punch and hit back but I don't see it (especially without paige). The same thing on the other side for ND
I'm not sure it's nerves, mostly because I don't what that is, but there is a phenomenon that happens with teams: When the Seniors or most respected player can't score, or show weakness the TEAM as a total begin to have doubts about winning. Then, all they know seems to slip away. The result is usually a loss.
To combat that you need a leader with terrific confidence like DT, Maya, Paige. It is NOT just their scoring or passing --it is their demeanor, I got this!! ONO, Evina, CW are respected leaders with Paige out. They must act with confidence, score some, defend more, foul less--LEAD.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
According to Geno after the South Carolina game, it was mental fatigue. I can certainly buy that vs Georgia Tech, too, since they're still trying to figure out how to play without Paige or Nika.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom