Bad 4 Basketball 2 | The Boneyard

Bad 4 Basketball 2

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I will want to watch the whole presser, but to me he comes across respectful, very, very competitive but very respectful. Darth Maul he is not.:oops:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think it was his finest press conference in many ways.
He was coherent, respectful, competitive and positive.
In the past, he spoke so fast and coded so much, I couldn't understand have of what he said.
He understands the power and discipline of the UConn program and described it very well.
I especially liked his answer to the final question
in which he said, he was very disappointed in the loss, that his team had come to win.
Seemingly whatever bad blood existed between the two coaches is seemingly exorcised now.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Geno said some really nice things about Syracuse in the post game as well, and about what Q has done both in the pre-game and post game conferences.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That's his go to line. "I wish I was bad for basketball"

Any wonder he doesnt want to play UConn more than he has to? Head bangHead bang

Reaction Score
I think he has changed for the better, and my opinion of him and his teams has changed for the better. His teams are not as reckless. But he is still neckless.

Reaction Score
Pretty solid presser. I will never understand this whole "bad 4 basketball" thing but whatever. Coach Q has turned Syracuse women's basketball around. They have a nice program.

Reaction Score
I think it would be great to have another powerhouse in the NE.

Losing Sykes, Peterson, Slim, and the Day sisters is going to cause Syracuse to really struggle next year.

Reaction Score
Losing Sykes, Peterson, Slim, and the Day sisters is going to cause Syracuse to really struggle next year.
That's what we said about UConn after Stewart, Jefferson & Tuck graduated....:D

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
That's what we said about UConn after Stewart, Jefferson & Tuck graduated....:D
Duly noted, so who on the SU roster is going to step up and contribute to replace the scoring and defense this 4 provided? What I think is really lost in our exuberance over how great our team is playing is the fact SU actually played REALLY WELL last night and fought very hard. Our team was just clicking on all cylinders. I just caution us BYers to enjoy this remarkable journey and not be too dismissive of our opponents and our own efficient and marvelous executions and efforts.

I may have been a bit generous in "our" usage, it's not like I scored any points, coached any players or even carried any luggage. Just excited...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Duly noted, so who on the SU roster is going to step up and contribute to replace the scoring and defense this 4 provided? What I think is really lost in our exuberance over how great our team is playing is the fact SU actually played REALLY WELL last night and fought very hard. Our team was just clicking on all cylinders. I just caution us BYers to enjoy this remarkable journey and not be too dismissive of our opponents and our own efficient and marvelous executions and efforts.

I may have been a bit generous in "our" usage, it's not like I scored any points, coached any players or even carried any luggage. Just excited...:rolleyes:
I agree about Syracuse's play last night. I think they got stunned by UConn at the beginning, but they settled down nicely in the second half. I seen this a few times this year where the opponent seems shell-shocked in the first half, but adjusts in the second half. Unfortunately for them, it's usually far too late by that point.
As for my previous comment, I was just being a little snarky; in reality, Syracuse likely will take a step back after losing this year's seniors, but their program does seem to be going in the right direction.

Reaction Score
I agree about Syracuse's play last night. I think they got stunned by UConn at the beginning, but they settled down nicely in the second half. I seen this a few times this year where the opponent seems shell-shocked in the first half, but adjusts in the second half. Unfortunately for them, it's usually far too late by that point.
As for my previous comment, I was just being a little snarky; in reality, Syracuse likely will take a step back after losing this year's seniors, but their program does seem to be going in the right direction.
Syracuse has a top rated recruiting class coming-in. It'll take some time to rebuild, but they're going to be a mainstay in Women's basketball-- thanks in large part to the departing seniors and their highly motivating coach.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score

"Usually"? UConn is 34-0 so isn't the operative word "always"? Just sayin...:)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom