back the basics Columbia | The Boneyard

back the basics Columbia

Reaction Score
We need Gilbert to start and be effective why don’t people understand that?
We can’t have a 3 guard combo of either Adams, Gilbert, and Anderson or Vital out there at the same against bigger lineups or you’ll see more of what we saw against Arkansas, 6’ guards covering 6’8 forwards. Against Columbia fine, Syracuse, no.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We’re not as bad as we looked against Arkansas. This team can still be really good if TL and AG are back to “full health.” If they’re not, we should probably try to let them sit this one out, as Columbia should still be an easy dub without them. If they’re not completely ready, I go with; Adams, Anderson, Vital, Polly, and Carlton as the starters. If that lineup can’t comfortably handle Columbia, then we know for sure there’s real issues at hand.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I'm just not as big on CV as a lot of people here. I don't think his defense is any good. His offense has been lacking this yr except for a big game against BU. He hasn't been the zone buster we hoped. He's best when he's attacking the rim and can get his shot off because of it. That is NOT what we need. JA and AG are WAY better at beating their man and getting to the rim. I'm not saying he shouldn't play, but he's not a starter unless AG is hurt.

Reaction Score
We’re not as bad as we looked against Arkansas. This team can still be really good if TL and AG are back to “full health.” If they’re not, we should probably try to let them sit this one out, as Columbia should still be an easy dub without them. If they’re not completely ready, I go with; Adams, Anderson, Vital, Polly, and Carlton as the starters. If that lineup can’t comfortably handle Columbia, then we know for sure there’s real issues at hand.
It won't be an easy W with them, without them it's likely a loss.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind him sitting Terry and AG at the start of the game, go with Adams/Vital and Polley in those spots and let Adams just dominate from the start. Havent we all seen him go for 5 possession stints just taking it every time and being successful? I don't know why we wait so long to go to that, start out the game with him seeing what he can get with the defense thrown at us, if its not there early go to some kicks to polley and vital and see if they can hit a shot.

I've been pretty pleased with Jalen's shot selection so far, Vital and Terry have both forced a lot of unnecessary long shots, and Gilbert over-penetrating and getting blocked by a defender or the rim

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've been pretty pleased with Jalen's shot selection so far, Vital and Terry have both forced a lot of unnecessary long shots, and Gilbert over-penetrating and getting blocked by a defender or the rim

I don't necessarily have a problem with that per se; it's part and parcel of having a young quick guard. It's what they all do (Boat/Kemba/Taliek or whomever). You expect them to learn to change speeds and make better/quicker decisions over time.

The problem is that the negative is exacerbated by all the other problems going on.

Reaction Score
A lot of the things that happened against MSU and Arkansas won't happen against Columbia. We have the better players in this game.

Reaction Score
the line: UC by 11. oh my.
I think that is somewhat generous. They kept to within 15 vs Nova and 14 vs Penn St. Uconn wins by 10 to 12 IHMO and would not be shocked if it was somewhat tight like the Colgate game.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I'm just not as big on CV as a lot of people here. I don't think his defense is any good. His offense has been lacking this yr except for a big game against BU. He hasn't been the zone buster we hoped. He's best when he's attacking the rim and can get his shot off because of it. That is NOT what we need. JA and AG are WAY better at beating their man and getting to the rim. I'm not saying he shouldn't play, but he's not a starter unless AG is hurt.
Glad he had a good game and shots were falling. Id like to see him D up more but last night was fun. My favorite was his first 2 pointer when he stepped in an buried the midrange J. Beautiful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom