Back in the Day!! | The Boneyard

Back in the Day!!

Reaction Score
Been a die hard UConn fan since Murray Williams drove the length of the court and beat Villanova. Was 36 rows from the floor and saw them win the title in 99. Been through the good and the bad with the dogs and I always will. Bottom line is that UConn was always the BULLY, Always physical, just relentless. For many reasons we are a mess and it’s so hard to watch. We do not have those types of kids on this team overall. We get manhandled in games. The days of Rod Sellers throwing a bow, or just getting in peoples grills are long gone. I really hope it changes sooner than later.

Reaction Score
Been a die hard UConn fan since Murray Williams drove the length of the court and beat Villanova. Was 36 rows from the floor and saw them win the title in 99. Been through the good and the bad with the dogs and I always will. Bottom line is that UConn was always the BULLY, Always physical, just relentless. For many reasons we are a mess and it’s so hard to watch. We do not have those types of kids on this team overall. We get manhandled in games. The days of Rod Sellers throwing a bow, or just getting in peoples grills are long gone. I really hope it changes sooner than later.
I don't go that far back, but can you imagine these teams in the OBE against bruising teams like Pitt and ND? Even BC's Curley would push them off the court.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No I cannot imagine it. That league was brutal. You had to come ready to every night or you got embarrassed.

Reaction Score
I can remember how Hasheem Tabeet got destroyed by Juan Blair of Pitt and Tabeet was a very good player

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Thank you, guys, for your continued interest in UConn basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom