OT: - Back from the Dead (past BY member) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Back from the Dead (past BY member)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
idaho...my wife and I are doing a Litchfield Hills day on Sunday. I don't think we'll get way up to North Canaan, tho. Kent Falls is in our range, tho.

One day I'll get there.

Thanks for sharing.

Shut up, Dove.

Reaction Score
There was another book published about a murder in that area “A Death In Canaan”. Which I believe was a true story.

Reaction Score
One day I will be back in CT, would love to stop by... I have stopped drinking but the occasional cheat night with a good local beer or two might be worth it, how much for a pint?

Reaction Score
Guys...Idahohusky here. I posted this on the beer thread, but realized many folks wouldn’t see this.

back from a multiple year hiatus. Been lurking, but not much time beyond that. I stopped being active once the kids started getting born in 2012...but, I’ve been working on a project the last two years, which is about to launch in about six weeks that’s relevant to this beer thread. And since it’s one of your own, I thought you’d enjoy it.

This UConn grad and HUGE husky fan is about to open the Great Falls Brewing Company in Canaan (officially, North Canaan) CT. We’ll be a brewery/taproom built in an renovated train station. We’re currently contract brewing and have a west coast style IPA called “Cascadia Farewell” and a brown called “Derailed”. We were at the Waterbury Brew & Que this past weekend and will be at the Small State Great Beer Fest in Hartford this weekend. Also, we’ll be at Prime16 this week for craft beer week & Three Sheets when the Beeracks takes over their taps. Up north, our beers are on tap at the Woodland, the White Hart, and Lone Oak campground. The reception of both of these beers has beentremendous.

Well open our doors in November, so once we do I’ll let you know. And I hope you come up and give us a try. You can find us on Our website(GreatFallsBrews.com), FB, andInstagram.

I’m looking to support many Husky and BY events in the coming years from my position as owner of this brewery.

Good to be back to connect with you folks...especially if Fishy, UpstateNY, and Tom are still around.

Cheers,
Idahohusky (Trip)

I think we were in Pocatello at the same time. We were there from '97-2001. My husband was the first president of Citizens Community Bank. We had direct TV at the time and had to go to a bar to watch the Huskies beat Gonzaga to make it to the final four. We were the only ones cheering for the Huskies, and we weren't too popular, I can tell you.

C

Chief00

Guys...Idahohusky here. I posted this on the beer thread, but realized many folks wouldn’t see this.

back from a multiple year hiatus. Been lurking, but not much time beyond that. I stopped being active once the kids started getting born in 2012...but, I’ve been working on a project the last two years, which is about to launch in about six weeks that’s relevant to this beer thread. And since it’s one of your own, I thought you’d enjoy it.

This UConn grad and HUGE husky fan is about to open the Great Falls Brewing Company in Canaan (officially, North Canaan) CT. We’ll be a brewery/taproom built in an renovated train station. We’re currently contract brewing and have a west coast style IPA called “Cascadia Farewell” and a brown called “Derailed”. We were at the Waterbury Brew & Que this past weekend and will be at the Small State Great Beer Fest in Hartford this weekend. Also, we’ll be at Prime16 this week for craft beer week & Three Sheets when the Beeracks takes over their taps. Up north, our beers are on tap at the Woodland, the White Hart, and Lone Oak campground. The reception of both of these beers has beentremendous.

Well open our doors in November, so once we do I’ll let you know. And I hope you come up and give us a try. You can find us on Our website(GreatFallsBrews.com), FB, andInstagram.

I’m looking to support many Husky and BY events in the coming years from my position as owner of this brewery.

Good to be back to connect with you folks...especially if Fishy, UpstateNY, and Tom are still around.

Cheers,
Idahohusky (Trip)

Good luck in your new venture. If Chief gets in that area, will check it out.

Reaction Score
I think we were in Pocatello at the same time. We were there from '97-2001. My husband was the first president of Citizens Community Bank. We had direct TV at the time and had to go to a bar to watch the Huskies beat Gonzaga to make it to the final four. We were the only ones cheering for the Huskies, and we weren't too popular, I can tell you.
If you went to the Dudley’s to watch the ‘99 championship game, you would have known you were not alone in rooting for the Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
If you went to the Dudley’s to watch the ‘99 championship game, you would have known you were not alone in rooting for the Huskies!!!

I was in Dudley's for the Ohio State game, but I watched a grainy rabbit-ears picture at home of the championship game. I learned not to order the salad bar there after I saw a little kid dipping his hand in the salad dressing and back into his mouth several times. No parents or wait staff in sight!

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Congrats. I am in that area for work every so often. Had lunch at the pizza place right in front of your spot last year ago and was chopping it up with one of the regulars in there and he mentioned to me a brewery was opening up in the train station. I will check it out next time I am up that way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom