Back court | The Boneyard

Back court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought it was interesting that Ollie opened with Gibbs/Calhoun then took both out for Adams/Purvis. Swapping the entire back court.

I wondered if this was going to be the paired back courts for much of the game but it wasn't. After that it seemed to be driven by Adams fouls. If he hadn't gotten his second with 9 minutes to go in the first half, I think he might have played 30 minutes.

Gibbs, Adams was on the court down the stretch. But I think that was driven by Purvis FT shooting. Calhoun keeps forcing Ollie to give him minutes, so I think we'll see the pairing at guard continue in flux.

If someone can figure out Ollie's substitution pattern, please, let's hear it.

Reaction Score
We won so I haven't seen in questioned but why in the world was Sam Cassell out there in the first half of a tight game? Bizarre..

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Thought it was interesting that Ollie opened with Gibbs/Calhoun then took both out for Adams/Purvis. Swapping the entire back court.

I wondered if this was going to be the paired back courts for much of the game but it wasn't. After that it seemed to be driven by Adams fouls. If he hadn't gotten his second with 9 minutes to go in the first half, I think he might have played 30 minutes.

Gibbs, Adams was on the court down the stretch. But I think that was driven by Purvis FT shooting. Calhoun keeps forcing Ollie to give him minutes, so I think we'll see the pairing at guard continue in flux.

I liked the Adams, Calhoun, Hamilton, Miller, Brinah lineup - they looked real good!

Reaction Score
We won so I haven't seen in questioned but why in the world was Sam Cassell out there in the first half of a tight game? Bizarre..
Might have earned it in practices.

Reaction Score
On any given night all of the guards including Calhoun can be key but Adams had the breakdown ability, now if he can improve his outside shot that brings us to another level.

Reaction Score
I think you need a more consistent shooter than Purvis out there with Adams for most of the time. Of course, I'm an advocate for playing Adams 30+ minutes a game..

Reaction Score
IIRC, I believe that was the point at which Adams had two fouls and DHam had been poked in the eye. KO must've thought we needed more ball handling and turnovers than just Gibbs and Calhoun/Purvis could provide. Didn't take long to fix that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom