Baby Monster | The Boneyard

Baby Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Stefanie Dolson is going to be a beast when she harnesses that little something that is currently keeping her from being a beast. When Geno runs plays through her she id getting to be automatic. That first half was the future. That 4th fouls was the death knell to UConn's fate tonight. Yeah, it was with about 17 minutes to go but ND was having too much success in the paint with Dolson out. The next 2 seasons will be sweet to watch although I can't see too much offense going through her. Too many future stars on the way. But she will be the rock down low and has another title coming her way.

And Kelly Faris, I know you're going to read this...I love you:confused:. You ALMOST became immortal tonight.

Reaction Score
A wonderful post. Whatever UConn did not do to not win this one, it had nothing to do with either Stef or Kelly. The look of intensity on Kelly's face as she drove to the basket was amazing. It was, as you say, almost one for the ages. And even with four fouls, Dolson played her heart out.

Reaction Score
The only way you could tell that Kelly wasn't a Delos/WestWorld style robot was her breathing hard at the free throw line at the end of the 2nd half. The woman simply doesn't change expression on court.

Reaction Score
You still want to run offense through her because it forces teams to either double down and with her passing skills allow for our guards easier outside shots or if she comes out to the elbow it will pull their big away from the basket and open up driving lanes and back doors plays . She is very difficult to defend for even the Big East Defensive player of the year Peters. She has skill, and a high bball IQ. She needs to be more athletic. She needs to work on quickness, and mobility so on the defensive end she can stay out of foul trouble. Jumping rope, swimming, dance lessons, or something that tones the body. She really isn't overweight, but losing 20lbs will also make her faster, and more effective.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
The way both Kelly and Stef stepped up last night was awesome.. Kelly was heady the entire game, and then really took over the last couple minutes.. I honestly thought we were finished with 1:20 left to go in regulation, and Kelly just started going beastmode on everyone.. Stef was a beast all night.. Had it not been for the foul trouble, I don't think there's any way we lose that game

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Dolson played an incredible game. To me, that is the best game I have seen her play. The reverse layup made my jaw drop. I had not idea she had that type of move. She is going to be a handful next year when she has Stewart to take some pressure off of her.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I see superstar status coming for Stefanie. Perhaps she will not be a MAJOR factor on offense but lethal for sure. Last night was almost a coming out party on the big stage.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Dove is that a young Kevin Bacon?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When Stef and Kiah play with Tina-like intensity (from years 3 and 4), we will devastate others inside. Then add Breanna, who brings mega-intensity, and Morgan. Yikes!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The biggest thing Stef can do to maximize her future on-court contributions for UCONN is to.... stay on the court! :cool:

Seriously - Stef will be an upperclassman next year, so it's time to rein in some of the 'loose' fouls by adopting a more mature perspective on what is or is not likely to be whistled. We could use numerous examples from this year, but her 4th foul last night was a prime example. Regardless of any 'all ball' protestations to the contrary, there is no way that move (right in front of an official, no less) is not called as an over-the-back foul. It concerns me that Stef would seriously think she could get away with that one, particularly when she already has 3 fouls and she's playing in a national semi-final and we really NEED her on the court BADLY. While the moving screens are often the ball-handlers' fault and not Stef's, fouls like this are a whole 'nother story.

Experience is the best teacher. Stef was truly awesome last night and she has made unbelievable strides forward. Now it's time to be a little more crafty and a little smarter in order to avoid foul trouble. She's been around the block enough to know. It's one thing to play hard and give up good, hard fouls when you really have to, but it's another to give up avoidable fouls that add up just as quickly.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Dove is that a young Kevin Bacon?
His sister was a mucky muck political appointee for the Fed agency I used to work for. I had occasion to be in a meeting with her. In the looks department, she resembled her brother very closely. You may draw your own conclusion as to how Kevin would look as a woman. Very bright woman. I think the family was pretty well off, from the Philly area I believe.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
His sister was a mucky muck political appointee for the Fed agency I used to work for. I had occasion to be in a meeting with her. In the looks department, she resembled her brother very closely. You may draw your own conclusion as to how Kevin would look as a woman. Very bright woman. I think the family was pretty well off, from the Philly area I believe.
:) So you have 1 degree of separation from Kevin Bacon. :)

Reaction Score
The way both Kelly and Stef stepped up last night was awesome.. Kelly was heady the entire game, and then really took over the last couple minutes.. I honestly thought we were finished with 1:20 left to go in regulation, and Kelly just started going beastmode on everyone.. Stef was a beast all night.. Had it not been for the foul trouble, I don't think there's any way we lose that game

I had the same reaction - I just couldn't bear to watch, and then Kelly took over and I couldn't turn away. What an incredible warrior.

And as for Stef, after all the ups and downs (too many downs) she's had this season, to have her perform at such a high level on the big stage is fantastic. She could have hung her head and quit, but she fought through it and played the game of her life (so far!)

I love both these young ladies.

Reaction Score
I think we are witnessing the "clicking" of Dolson's realization of her potential....ala Tina Charles senior year

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think we are witnessing the "clicking" of Dolson's realization of her potential....ala Tina Charles senior year
I think so too. And certainly hope so. After the ND loss in February, Stef took ownership. She is becoming one of the leaders--and best players. If you consider Nneka to be a forward, Stef was the second best post player in the nation last night. She needs to be a little smarter with her aggressiveness, particularly because she is a target due to her size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom