B1G officially cancels 2020 seasn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

B1G officially cancels 2020 seasn

Reaction Score
Will UConn throw their hat in the ring for spring games? If they do, will it be kept private until a schedule is assembled?

I’ve resigned myself to no season but being open to spring games seems wise. Maybe, if all the conferences wind up playing in spring, we could too.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Fun- but I don’t love the idea of pushing the start of 2021 back about 6 weeks (I understand why).

Here’s the thing, let the B1G do all the work to set this up and then just wait to see if it has some viability come October when decisions would have to be made. It’s certainly not assured we will be at a good place with vaccines come January.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

>>When Warren was asked specifically by Yahoo Sports if Nebraska could play college football this fall, he gave an answer that would make his hardline predecessor nod with approval.

“No,” he said, firmly. “Not and be a member of the Big Ten Conference.”

Warren’s concise Nebraska rebuttal is a nice window into the bottom line he used to help guide the decision that may ultimately define his career as Big Ten commissioner. He politely told Nebraska that if it goes rogue, it can pack it where the corn doesn’t husk. And the league would be happy to keep its $50 million cut and share it with those who play nice.<<

Anyone else thinking that we are the obvious replacement for Nebraska in the Big 10?

Me either, though both programs do have a shared regret of ever hiring Diaco. So there's that.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Yeah, stay down bitch.
lol heaven forbid they want to play football. Say the same thing to Ohio State yesterday or James Franklin on Monday when they said the same stuff?

Reaction Score
Anyone else thinking that we are the obvious replacement for Nebraska in the Big 10?

Me either, though both programs do have a shared regret of ever hiring Diaco. So there's that.
Schools don't leave the B1G. Even the University of Chicago stayed in academically for decades after they dropped sports.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom