B1G Moving Back To 8 Conference Games? | The Boneyard

B1G Moving Back To 8 Conference Games?

Reaction Score
I think 8 conference games is the right number as it also allows you to schedule better out of conference games. The Big 10 should play more OOC games that are interesting to college football fans. The ACC and SEC schedule 8 to allow for the many annual ACC/SEC rivalries. I think Georgia/GT, South Carolina/Clemson, Florida/Florida St., Kentucky/Louisville are interesting games to most college football fans. Also, there are many more OOC games that should be played every year: Texas/Texas A&M, Penn St/Pitt (or WVU/Pitt), Nebraska/Oklahoma, BYU/Utah, Kansas/Missouri, Iowa/Iowa St., Colorado/Colorado St.

And, if your team is caught in a down cycle, soften the schedule to improve your record and help rebuild.

Reaction Score
I think 8 conference games is the right number as it also allows you to schedule better out of conference games. The Big 10 should play more OOC games that are interesting to college football fans. The ACC and SEC schedule 8 to allow for the many annual ACC/SEC rivalries. I think Georgia/GT, South Carolina/Clemson, Florida/Florida St., Kentucky/Louisville are interesting games to most college football fans. Also, there are many more OOC games that should be played every year: Texas/Texas A&M, Penn St/Pitt (or WVU/Pitt), Nebraska/Oklahoma, BYU/Utah, Kansas/Missouri, Iowa/Iowa St., Colorado/Colorado St.

And, if your team is caught in a down cycle, soften the schedule to improve your record and help rebuild.

I agreed with your whole post until I saw Kansas/Missouri. Kansas is 20-91 vs. FBS opponents in the last 10 years....do the Jayhawks know how to play football?

Reaction Score
I agreed with your whole post until I saw Kansas/Missouri. Kansas is 20-91 vs. FBS opponents in the last 10 years....do the Jayhawks know how to play football?

20-91 is very misleading. You forget that they had Charlie Weis as head coach for 28 of those games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom