B1G Expansion Rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well let's see the schools mentioned there were: Everybody BUT Uconn

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I searched the page for UCONN and found it in 2 comments fom readers of the site and that's it. Probably should have put it in non-key tweets, but from the person that posted the comments, it sounded like there was a chance it came from a reputable source.

Reaction Score
So the general gist is that there's a user on Michigan's Rivals board who is believed to be in UM's Athletic Department. This person has claimed that the B1G will be expanding to 18 teams soon. And, shocker, he's on twitter, @Bluevodreal

@Bluevodreal
Hearing B10 expansion rumors again.BTN TV deal up in 2016 with projection in first year 2017 of being roughly 44m per school. B12 in panic

And then he goes on about them wanting to get into big TV markets.

I also thought this post by umbig11 was interesting from the comments:

"I posted a conversation I had with Scott Frost (UCF Head Coach) on that site this past Saturday. He was on my flight from Orlando to Atlanta. He said that more realignment was coming and that some of the Power basketball schools were feeling left out. He went on to say that we can expect an expanded playoff well before the contract was up with networks."

Power basketball school feeling left out, huh?

Cue Conspiracy Kitty.

Reaction Score
So the general gist is that there's a user on Michigan's Rivals board who is believed to be in UM's Athletic Department. This person has claimed that the B1G will be expanding to 18 teams soon. And, shocker, he's on twitter, @Bluevodreal

@Bluevodreal
Hearing B10 expansion rumors again.BTN TV deal up in 2016 with projection in first year 2017 of being roughly 44m per school. B12 in panic

And then he goes on about them wanting to get into big TV markets.

I also thought this post by umbig11 was interesting from the comments:

"I posted a conversation I had with Scott Frost (UCF Head Coach) on that site this past Saturday. He was on my flight from Orlando to Atlanta. He said that more realignment was coming and that some of the Power basketball schools were feeling left out. He went on to say that we can expect an expanded playoff well before the contract was up with networks."

Power basketball school feeling left out, huh?

Cue Conspiracy Kitty.
schools....

Reaction Score
Out of nowhere Bluevod gained cult following status by providing what turned out be be accurate information on the Jim Harbaugh hire.

Well, people around the program seemed to know who he is, he just wasn't providing "insider" information prior to that.

Now, some believe that he is mostly repackaging information from the interwebs and pushing it to various Michigan boards and now to his own Twitter account.

You be the judge. He does seem to be a conduit of information when someone wants information made available. The question is, does that "someone" really know anything?

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My sources tell me that the Big Ten is going to 20 teams divided into ten two-team divisions.

Reaction Score
Everyone and their grandmas knew Harbaugh would be going to UM...

No, Bluevod nailed the details well before anyone had the story. He absolutely has an inside track. He's gone on to nail recruiting info and he may have knowledge on the AD hire.

Whether that track extends to realignment, I don't know.

If he says something with any conviction behind it, it's worth looking into. If he says he's "hearing something about something", take it for what it's worth. But I take anything he says over what our Twitter friends say.

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
No, Bluevod nailed the details well before anyone had the story. He absolutely has an inside track. He's gone on to nail recruiting info and he may have knowledge on the AD hire.

If he says something with any conviction behind it, it's worth looking into. If he says he's "hearing something about something", take it for what it's worth. But I take anything he says over what our Twitter friends say.
Any idea why the AD search is moving slowly?

Reaction Score
Michigan mod said that Schlissel (president) is taking this hire very seriously. Multiple interviews/discussions, student involvement, etc.

Hackett (current AD) said he wanted the new guy in by the end of the year, but then also wanted to excuse himself from the process.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Biggest take away is everyone hates Rutgers.
And that doesn't help UConn. I think Delany has felt the pressure to get a football blue-blood in the next group (or do nothing).

Reaction Score
And that doesn't help UConn. I think Delany has felt the pressure to get a football blue-blood in the next group (or do nothing).
No one is available that fits that bill that is not subject to a GOR or in the SEC

Reaction Score
So take OU/Texas and UConn

Reaction Score
My sources tell me that the Big Ten is going to 20 teams divided into ten two-team divisions.
If they ever did that, they could divide the divisions into originals and newcomers.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

This. Sea Blue is spot on. Bluevod's isn't a Dude, Flug, Yoda or The other guy. If he says something definitive, he usually means it. The guy just started his Twitter account Saturday and he has almost 3000 people follow him since. Again, maybe he's looking for some attention, but it's weird that his tweet came out of nowhere.

Reaction Score
This. Sea Blue is spot on. Bluevod's isn't a Dude, Flug, Yoda or The other guy. If he says something definitive, he usually means it. The guy just started his Twitter account Saturday and he has almost 3000 people follow him since. Again, maybe he's looking for some attention, but it's weird that his tweet came out of nowhere.
Well then that would be a square kick in the nuts for Uconn and the hopes for a B1G invite. Looks like he referenced Texas, OU, VT, and GT

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If the B1G does expand before 2017 and its purpose is to bring in more TVs and new markets, UConn should be in good shape. Hard to argue with 11.4M TV homes in a 2 hour radius, including Top 5 football program watched in NYC (#1) and Boston (#8) DMAs. Plus UConn brings quality year round content (hoops, hockey, soccer, baseball all good) that some others don't.

Reaction Score
P
If the B1G does expand before 2017 and its purpose is to bring in more TVs and new markets, UConn should be in good shape. Hard to argue with 11.4M TV homes in a 2 hour radius, including Top 5 football program watched in NYC (#1) and Boston (#8) DMAs. Plus UConn brings quality year round content (hoops, hockey, soccer, baseball all good) that some others don't.
Problem is Dooley they already count the NYC DMA and the BTN is on in this area already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom