B1G? ACC? Join the C7? Wait out the storm? | The Boneyard

B1G? ACC? Join the C7? Wait out the storm?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

I just can't get strong enough answers on this. People talking about UConn sports being tarnished forever?? Stop it. Logically, what will happen? I've gotta imagine SH and WM are talking about executing a plan within the next few weeks. As much as we think they're "rotting" the program, I'm sure they're doing their best to keep it at the top. '99, '04, '11. Titles talk, and that's what will help us get back on top I believe. Regardless of all this football nonsense...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I say let's create the ACC, All Christian Conference...

Invite BYU, SMU, TCU, Notre Dame, Georgetown, St. John's, Seton Hall, Providence, Marquette, Depaul etc.

Reaction Score
from a basketball perspective it would probably be best to try and somehow agree to let get the catholic schools to allow UConn to join their conference for basketball. From the catholic schools perspective maybe they allow UConn to come in as they try and get a TV deal (albeit a non-major one) even though they fully know that UConn leaves at the first chance they get.

That being said I don't think UConn can join the catholic schools and maintain a credible football program that would enable them to be a viable option for a conference to add them if they're looking to add a school. I don't think UConn would be a shoe-in to be added to the ACC over Cincinnati at this point. I don't think the sky is falling, and I think UConn basketball can survive but it would take the administration making a decision that is based upon basketball and not football.

Reaction Score
I think we wait it out. As 99 said, we will never get a BIG invite but I'm not convinced that the ACC will not hold together as it is. The Big 12 isn't a finished product either and it only takes 1 team to leave a conference to start this whole process in motion again. Waiting it out may be the best of a few bad options.

Reaction Score
So, question. How do we wait it out if the Jesuits dissolve the OBE? We have to move somewhere. NC-USA I would imagine. Someone buy SH and WM some knee pads, they're going to be down there a while.

No, we don't make sense for the B1G. They have Rutty for New York. There is no secret decoder ring Delaney is using to send messages to Huskynation.

If the ACC comes calling we pick our face off the floor and appreciate the salvation, for however long that lasts. Lesson learned, we aren't going to a super-conference until we improve our national fball rep. We need wins, crowds and amenities, in that order. If this MD/Rutty/B1G thing happened two years ago, we have a exponentially better chance getting in over L'ville. FB was strong, BBall was championship level. Right now our shining star is WCBB, and that's about as useful in these negotiations as HFD's shift key.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We've waited it out long enough, now we're sitting in our own .

Reaction Score
What I wish would happen: Join the C7. F football.

What will happen: Waiting and becoming a member of CUSA.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
What I wish would happen: Join the C7. F football.

What will happen: Waiting and becoming a member of CUSA.

I think you're right, then Manuel will release some stupid statement saying, "This is a great day donuts for Husky athletics the program is donuts on the right track. We'll continue winning national championships donuts on all aspects of club chess and we will make the donuts CUSA a very good donuts conference. We're so excited, donuts."

Reaction Score
I think you're right, then Manuel will release some stupid statement saying, "This is a great day donuts for Husky athletics the program is donuts on the right track. We'll continue winning national championships donuts on all aspects of club chess and we will make the donuts CUSA a very good donuts conference. We're so excited, donuts."

uhmm... yeah.... funny.....?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wait. We get to choose? Holy moley! All this time I thought we needed an invitation. Let me see, uh affliation with the current urinal crud new conference members that we have? Uh, I think not. Move to the next domino to topple, aka the ACC. Well it does have a whole slew of teams that I would thoroughly enjoy beating the crap out of year in and year out but um, yeah I think I'll take the Big 10, yeah that sounds about right.

Whew, I'm glad that's over.

Reaction Score

This was pretty good, the first 'donuts' had me laughing

Reaction Score
I would have to say that in the end we end up in the ACC.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So, question. How do we wait it out if the Jesuits dissolve the OBE? We have to move somewhere. NC-USA I would imagine. Someone buy SH and WM some knee pads, they're going to be down there a while.

No, we don't make sense for the B1G. They have Rutty for New York. There is no secret decoder ring Delaney is using to send messages to Huskynation.

If the ACC comes calling we pick our face off the floor and appreciate the salvation, for however long that lasts. Lesson learned, we aren't going to a super-conference until we improve our national fball rep. We need wins, crowds and amenities, in that order. If this MD/Rutty/B1G thing happened two years ago, we have a exponentially better chance getting in over L'ville. FB was strong, BBall was championship level. Right now our shining star is WCBB, and that's about as useful in these negotiations as HFD's shift key.
I sent him an Ovaltine decoder. We're good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom