B12 | The Boneyard

B12

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Huskieforlife

Lets just use this thread to talk about B12 expansion rumors. weather or not they have to do with UConn.

#B12Harder?

Reaction Score
I'm going to be really bummed when somebody starts up a MAC thread.
HuskyHawk after the seaon tne MAC had this year...if we get shut out in realignment it may not be a bad place to end up.

Reaction Score
There is no way I see the BXII getting a waiver from the NCAA for a 10 team league title game. That is unless DeLoss Dodds has comprimising pictures of NCAA Pres Emmert! At some point the BXII is going to have to pull the trigger and expand. What would help is if ESPN agreed to pony up $$ to televise their conf. championship game to get UConn and Cincy in as teams 11 & 12. This protects their content of the ACC, AND just as important keeps CT lawmakers off their backs. We need to do our part now and go to games as fans.

Reaction Score
There is no way I see the BXII getting a waiver from the NCAA for a 10 team league title game. That is unless DeLoss Dodds has comprimising pictures of NCAA Pres Emmert! At some point the BXII is going to have to pull the trigger and expand. What would help is if ESPN agreed to pony up to televise their conf. championship game to get UConn and Cincy in as teams 11 & 12. This protects their content of the ACC, AND just as important keeps CT lawmakers off their backs. We need to do our part now and go to games as fans.

That'd be OK. The Big 12 is big time football and that's where UConn needs to wind up.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
UConn fan hypothetical - you're heading to Texas for UConn's first football game as a member of the B12, playing the longhorns. In addition to your UConn gear, do you wear:
A - ten gallon hat
B - huge @ss belt buckle
C - cowboy boots

I think I'd go with the hat and staple a block C to the front of it.

Reaction Score
There is no way I see the BXII getting a waiver from the NCAA for a 10 team league title game. That is unless DeLoss Dodds has comprimising pictures of NCAA Pres Emmert! At some point the BXII is going to have to pull the trigger and expand. What would help is if ESPN agreed to pony up to televise their conf. championship game to get UConn and Cincy in as teams 11 & 12. This protects their content of the ACC, AND just as important keeps CT lawmakers off their backs. We need to do our part now and go to games as fans.

This would be 100% fine with me. All of the B1G has really pissed me off. Don't get me wrong, I would accept an invite before they were finished offering, but this whole TV Markets bully play and this whole academic snobbery BS has really pissed me off. I had a Rutgers fan tell me last night that OSU could have played with Bama. Shut up, no they couldn't have. You have been in the B1G for 5 minutes hold back on the entitlement. UConn is a better school than half of the B1G, but b/c we are not in a freaking research club we are not good enough? you.Who gives a what school found the cure to polio, and what conference they are in. This is about sports.

The B12 comes off a lot more as an you, renegade sports conference. I found myself rooting for them all bowl season. All things in a vacuum, I would be really happy in the B12 with an eastern wing pulled from the ACC. We can be the football doormat at first, I don't care. Make us play in NJ and Boston and get the snot beat out of us by Texas, I don't care. We will build up eventually in that situation and compete.

End rant. I hopped on the B12 bandwagon.

Reaction Score
ChuckCarltonDMN 3:40pm via TweetDeck
While saying again that bigger isn't necessarily better in conferences, Bob Bowlsby said Big 12 "could be proactive" on expansion.

Chuck Carlton@ChuckCarltonDMN
Big 12's Bowlsby said league board of directors would discuss "advantages and disadvantages of getting bigger" later this month.

Chuck Carlton@ChuckCarltonDMN
Bowlsby notes lack of empirical info on expansion and the right number for conferences. Would like to see clear mandate based on clear data.

Chuck Carlton is the Big 12 and Southwest college beat writer for SportsDayDFW.com and The Dallas Morning News,

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Reads like a due diligence and hire media consultants decision is coming.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
“We continue to watch the landscape,” Bowlsby said. “Until we're persuaded that larger is better we feel pretty good about right where we are. If you get bigger do you have to get to 16? Can you get all the benefits at 14? 12? I just think there is a real shortage of empirical evidence to guide our decisions.”
Expansion will be among the issues discussed at the next conference meetings Jan. 28-29 in Dallas.
“I think a clear mandate comes from a clear set of data that says, ‘This is the right thing to do.' Bowlsby added. “I'm not sure that intuition is the best reason [for other schools to] leave.”
CBSSports.com quoted Bowlsby in November as saying the league was happy with 10 members.The issue remains whether adding additional remembers would bring pro rata – equal or higher money than the current schools make.
“That's exactly one of the questions we'll be asking ourselves,” Bowlsby said Wednesday. “Look at Maryland and Rutgers. They don't bring programs that are of the ilk of the others in the Big Ten. The philosophy clearly is: ‘As members of the Big Ten we can grow them.' “
CBSSports.com also reported that a 12-team Big 12 that played a conference championship game would get only $700,000-$1 million more per school per year.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...sioner-league-could-be-proactive-in-expansion

Reaction Score
"The dominoes could start tumbling again if the Big Ten once again raided the ACC. That would create instability that could lead to this scenario: Clemson and Florida State calling the Big 12. At that point the Big 12 would have that decision to make. Stay at 10 or expand to further flyover states for potentially more conference revenue."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn fan hypothetical - you're heading to Texas for UConn's first football game as a member of the B12, playing the longhorns. In addition to your UConn gear, do you wear:
A - ten gallon hat
B - huge @ss belt buckle
C - cowboy boots

I liked this just because you are thinking about this.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I liked this just because you are thinking about this.
Let's be honest, if we want a shot at a B12 invite Susan and Warde better be thinking about this too.

Reaction Score
Is Louisville bound already with the ACC exit fee? Could the Big 12 be heading towards inviting Louisville and Cincy?

Reaction Score
A - ten gallon hat
B - huge @ss belt buckle
C - cowboy boots

Easy as there is only one answer...B, a huge belt buckle with UCONN in big letters. You will need it to fight your way out of the stadium and parking lot after we win the game.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Is Louisville bound already with the ACC exit fee? Could the Big 12 be heading towards inviting Louisville and Cincy?
I don't see any reason why that couldn't happen. Contracts and promises aren't what they used to be!

Reaction Score
SMU and Houston will be in the Big 12 before UConn. UNC isn't going anywhere. The Tobacco Road triad won't be broken. FSU & Clemson would be SEC targets. UConn football needs to put together an incredible win streak or they aren't going anywhere. Win and your in(the ACC)!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hey guess who's back (maybe after he read this thread):

1. @melogroovy
    Bowlsby now carries the big stick and can stir the entire realignment pot.
  2. @melogroovy
    Entire landscape can change. SEC, Big 12 look to poach ACC. ND may re-link with eastern Catholics. B1G decides on BC and UConn or Cuse

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A - ten gallon hat
B - huge @ss belt buckle
C - cowboy boots

Spent three years at a Big 12 school. Never saw a big belt buckle, nor a ten gallon hat. Boots, yes. A few people had them....and man the girls at the one country bar in Lawrence were definitely enough to make you want to buy a pair. Never did though. I think we'll be all right. With Mizzou gone, the biggest bunch of hillbillies in the league are our old friends from Morgantown.

Reaction Score
A - ten gallon hat
B - huge @ss belt buckle
C - cowboy boots

Guy walks into a cowboy bar in Texas. he notices everyone is wearing big hats, huge belt buckles and nikes, so he asks one guyhow come everyone is wearing Nikes instead of cowboy boot...the guy say, because we're cowboys, not truckers...badaboom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom