B12 prayers | The Boneyard

B12 prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Time for everyone to making their offerings to God/Yahweh/Allah/Krishna/L Ron Hubbard/Buddah/etc.

The Big12 conference is considering whether to add teams.

The Big12 has revenue of ~$250 million. AAC revenue is about $30 million.
Super super important for UConn to get an invite. Number of sand crystals in the hour glass getting fewer.

(And as aside, yearly games for WCBB against Baylor/Texas/Oklahoma would be nice. But the $ and security would be even nicer.)

Reaction Score
And you think Baylor would vote to play UConn 2/yr? Think how many jackets Kim would lose.

that's exactly what I thought when I read this...no way she'd be down for us to get invited. It's much harder to duck people in your conference.

Reaction Score
One can only imagine the odoriferous emanations overwhelming those snakeskin pants if Geno is a regular opponent.Baylor might actually have to play a top 10 team before March.The very thought.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I will add:
Vishnu/Zeus/the Madonna/Thor/St Jude Thaddeus/Angelina Jolie/St Chad of Mercia/Madonna Ciccone
Can I get an amen! You forgot the ones I frequently pray to. Amon-Ra and the god of hair loss/reappearance. Neither seem to be listening.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
and if they dont get in everyone would be bitchin'... be nice to Kim and 'nem she may have enough power to help UConn get in

Reaction Score
Seems the biggest obstacles are 1) no clear candidates that would bring in as much or more revenue than they would take out of the existing pie, and 2) Texas's Longhorn Network

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Sorry, UConn fans. Even if the Big 12 does expand, UConn will not be chosen. Football is king in the B12, but it's a mere vassel at Storrs.

The key player is Texas, who lines their pockets with their own TV deal (not completely unlike ND), and aren't easily disposed to give any part of it away. What Texas wants, Texas gets.

Reaction Score
Sorry, UConn fans. Even if the Big 12 does expand, UConn will not be chosen. Football is king in the B12, but it's a mere vassel at Storrs.

Sounds like the post of someone who hasnt been following CR. It's about more than the FB. And even if it were, it's not like Alabama is in contention to get picked.
UConn has as strong a case to make as anyone else being considered. It doesn't mean it will be picked. If anything, distance is probably the bigger negative factor.

Reaction Score
Interesting that if you read the Jacobs column in the Courant, the folks running the conference are all fruit loops anyway and there's no hope of getting a logical decision out of them.

Reaction Score
Interesting that if you read the Jacobs column in the Courant, the folks running the conference are all fruit loops anyway and there's no hope of getting a logical decision out of them.
Especially after that column.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
To be clearer, I am a UConn fan and cheered for Bobby Diaco long before most on this board did. It's just that UConn football would not fare very well in the B12, at least not in the beginning. Geographically, Houston, BYU, or Memphis make a little more sense.

But that bit about the NY and East coast TV markets might be enough to tip the scales. But again, I doubt it. Bob Bowlsby was at Iowa when some of the realignment stuff started, and it surely hasn't escaped his notice that Rutgers may be NY-ish, but hasn't added much to the B10 or it's TV appeal.

If the B10 had as brilliant a leader as their leader thinks he is, they would have taken UConn before Rutgers, but that's just conjecture and old conjecture at that. So we wait. But honestly folks, don't hold your breath on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom