B12 has a comish | The Boneyard

B12 has a comish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
let the acc feast begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
let the acc feast begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be careful what you wish for. All hell could break loose. My biggest concern is the UConn is left on the outside looking in when all is said & done. Only good outcomes would be: UConn invited to the Big-12 (snowball's chance) or to theB1G (Not much better). I want no part of UConn in a watered down ACC.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Be careful what you wish for. All hell could break loose. My biggest concern is the UConn is left on the outside looking in when all is said & done. Only good outcomes would be: UConn invited to the Big-12 (snowball's chance) or to theB1G (Not much better). I want no part of UConn in a watered down ACC.

were going to the BIG one day.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

You prefer the NNBE aka C-USA to a watered down ACC aka the old Big East?

Reaction Score
I don't know about Coach, but I prefer the NNBE to the ACC. I have always hated the ACC, and always will. Besides, it will be nice to be in with a group of teams that are actually be happy to be in the league. I think the fans will be more exited and the teams will be more excited. Have you been to the last few UConn vs Syracuse or Pitt games on the road. Their fans really have no interest.

Reaction Score
Going by Dan's implication, the vultures from the Big-12, B1G, & SEC could pick off FSU, Clemson, G.Tech., Miami, V.Tech., Maryland, & Virginia-a.k.a. the core of the ACC. Would you really want UConn affiliated with the crumbs that are left? I would rather be in the B1G (ideally) or stay put if the NNBE can attract BYU & Air Force to go along with the other new members.But, make no mistake, my sights are set on the B1G, where UConn would be affiliated with other land grant institutions. It would be a big bonus if the Leprechauns & UConn were admitted together. That's MY utopia.

Reaction Score
You have to think this new Big12 commish goes right for the ACC. Coming from Stanford, he is a man of high standards. No way he wants the nation to see his first move be the addition of Louisville.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'll take ACC minus FSU and Clemson, Ga Tech. All you'd need is Miami for FL access and a competitive TV deal.

That all sports conference with our best FB/BB rivals is still a huge upgrade in stability, prestige, and $$$.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'll take ACC minus FSU and Clemson, Ga Tech. All you'd need is Miami for FL access and a competitive TV deal.

That all sports conference with our best FB/BB rivals is still a huge upgrade in stability, prestige, and $$$.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
I think I agree... For me the dealbreaker would be if UNC, Maryland, Duke and/or UVA head to the B1G. UNC / Duke especially, since if they're bailing it means the total death of the ACC. But even just MD leaving would give pause. In any case I think the B1G is a better destination for UConn if we can #BegHarder our way into it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think I agree... For me the dealbreaker would be if UNC, Maryland, Duke and/or UVA head to the B1G. UNC / Duke especially, since if they're bailing it means the total death of the ACC. But even just MD leaving would give pause. In any case I think the B1G is a better destination for UConn if we can #BegHarder our way into it.

If the Big 12 raids the ACC, it will be like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. The schools will be climbing over each other to get out, and several are pretty attractive targets.

I don't know what happens after that, and there are definitely risks for UConn. I don't know that the nACC would be a good destination for UConn given that ESPN TV deal. Dissolving the league would be worth it just to get away from that terrible deal.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Are y
I don't know about Coach, but I prefer the NNBE to the ACC. I have always hated the ACC, and always will. Besides, it will be nice to be in with a group of teams that are actually be happy to be in the league. I think the fans will be more exited and the teams will be more excited. Have you been to the last few UConn vs Syracuse or Pitt games on the road. Their fans really have no interest.

Did you go to the Gampel game vs Syracuse this year? Do any of the teams come close to matching that in any sport?

SMU fan fans are excited because they don't have to play with Rice and Tulane anymore.its not aa compliment to UConn and Rutgers but commentary as to how awful their current league was.

Worse case for the ACC is: BC, UConn, Cuse, Pitt, Rutgers, Wake, Cincy, Ville?

That's still worlds bbetter than the current mess were in now.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
FIRE!!!! if the fire i like to poke at on here actually happens, i think it will go like this:

-fsu/clem to the b12. they go first and take gt/miami with them.
-lville is now s'ing the new commish's d but they are still not invited.
-the sec won't let the b12 get the upper hand. vt is added.
-the sec goes to norty cary but none of the 4 will bite. unc is stubburn and knows it can last second move to the b10 if the whole place burns down. ncst wants out eventually, but the b12 also called. decisions to be made. the sec's backup is to grab tcu for a 2nd texas market.
-ncst to the sec. the sec is now all set at 16.
-the b12 needs 2 still. but they sit knowing lville/cincy and others are there.
-the pac makes a move fearing byu/bsu might get the b12 call. protecting turf. the sec didn't protect its turf from the b12, the pac will. the pac won't be left out when it comes to expansion. why? because if it brags a couple so so teams, that still kills any nbe west divisions and also kills any wac/mwc type conf. the pac is the only inventory in the end.
-the b10 anounces that its looking around.
-b12 tries for md/uva and others, no dice
-b10 adds md/uva for 14. unc is next but only with nd.
-nd finally sees the writing and goes. so does unc. nd saw 4 16 team confs happening and they had to join the b10. acc was dead and the b12 isn't attractive enough. getting left out makes it hard to make a 4 team playoff. eventually a 8 or 16 will happen but thats down the road and by then conf's will be at there 2nd tv contracts since the moves and they will expand again for inventory to 18.
-b12 grabs cincy/lville to finish up after striking out elsewhere.
-pac adds sdsu/unlv/unr/fresno

pac+bsu/byu/unlv/urn/sdsu/fres
b12+fsu/miami/gt/clem/lville/cincy
sec+ncst/vt
b10+uva/md/unc/nd

-memphis isn't sure what to do
-smu and uh are thinking about splitting at this point but they hold tight
now the acc tries to add teams to get back to a ok league and be the 5th best. teams don't bite becuase there contract with espn is screwed. now the nbe without any west teams can go to town on the east coast and nbc fueling the fire. duke can't even deny its wet putty over this bball league, wake comes and the ball is rolling. we make cuse and pitt and bc get on there knees and all that bad behavior before they can join.

be=uconn/ruty/temple/bc/cuse/pitt/army/navy/usf/ucf/duke/wake/smu/uh/memphis/16? you pick # 16. this league gets a crazy good contract considering everything that just happened. bball pays out ok in the end but fball is behind the top 4 by far. nd is a bit mad looking at all the northeast school and army/navy all together, those markets are what nd wanted in a big acc. looks at whats being built as a mwc/wac and its ugly. no one left with any national brand, they call and get spot 16. this league can actually goto 4 fball pods.

mwc/wac= nmst/cst/wy/id/ust/hawaii/utep + the big sky basically. that league is a nothing league with a small tv check if anything.

cusa has its poop already together and has its 16 to go to battle with and the mac is fine for now, there looking at uh/maine/albany/ccsu types for a big league on day down the road...

reast of 1-aa either upgrades or goes d2. by the time this is all done, its the 2nd go around of tv contracts.

b10 +ruty/uconn
sec + utsa/tcu
b12+ memphis/smu/ecu/richmond
pac-no adds but it checks with kansas and tex schools. b12 is always the weakest of the 4 but never weak enough.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Are y

Did you go to the Gampel game vs Syracuse this year? Do any of the teams come close to matching that in any sport?

SMU fan fans are excited because they don't have to play with Rice and Tulane anymore.its not aa compliment to UConn and Rutgers but commentary as to how awful their current league was.

Worse case for the ACC is: BC, UConn, Cuse, Pitt, Rutgers, Wake, Cincy, Ville?

That's still worlds bbetter than the current mess were in now.

I agree with you but you're viewing it from a basketball perspective only. Those teams do nothing in terms of football and that's what drives the money bus. I want back with Syracuse and Pitt asap and if that means moving to the ACC, so be it. I think anyone who thinks an ACC with 4 less teams is worse than the mess we're in now is crazy. The ACC has stability and is seen as one of the Top 4 conferences in terms of stability. Even the Big-12 is still a crap shoot because Texas and Oklahoma could change their mind at any minute. So yeah, I'd go to the ACC any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom