B12 Commish: Openly states they will look at adding institutions | The Boneyard

B12 Commish: Openly states they will look at adding institutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Offer the Big12 absolutely anything they want: junior membership in terms of payout, games in New York, Games in Boston. Anything price they ask for we say yes.

I thought Louisville to the ACC was the last move to drive a stake in our heart but if Cincinnati and UCF/Memphis go to the Big 12 then we really are finished

Reaction Score
If I were a P5 school, I would not grant that waiver. That's silly.

I get the feeling that we're somehow (somehow!) approaching a new nadir.

I wouldn't either. Why give them more money to beat you with? I'm sure the other conferences would love to drop their bottom schools and keep more for themselves.

Reaction Score
Get yer Popcorn out.

If the B1G could bring the $$ ... A Virginia or a Texas could play. There's no honor amongst these conferences.

Reaction Score
we're not 12 bound, most likely candidates, cincy, memphis, ucf, byu or usf

Reaction Score
Here's what I foresee (stop reading now if you want realistic scenarios). The big 12 invites uc and Memphis after Texas and Oklahoma vote against it but cede to the majority. The B1G uses this as an opportunity to woo Texas Oklahoma Kansas and.....UConn.

Reaction Score
The target for conference realignment has moved so many times I've lost track. I'm sure Utah has found a home because of their huge TV market and fertile recruiting grounds. Would love for someone to detail it out school by school.

Reaction Score
Offer the Big12 absolutely anything they want: junior membership in terms of payout, games in New York, Games in Boston. Anything price they ask for we say yes.

I thought Louisville to the ACC was the last move to drive a stake in our heart but if Cincinnati and UCF/Memphis go to the Big 12 then we really are finished

This. If they are worried about making less money by adding a team than make them an offer they can't refuse.

I don't understand why they can't invite 1 strong football school (Cincinnati or UCF) and a school that has strong location, tv markets, brand in us. They are just doing this expansion anyway to get to 12.

Whatever. UConn appears so hopeless in making the case for itself and so inept in getting any positive progress going in football that falling behind a POS school like Memphis will be the crowning and fitting death blow.

Reaction Score
The target for conference realignment has moved so many times I've lost track. I'm sure Utah has found a home because of their huge TV market and fertile recruiting grounds. Would love for someone to detail it out school by school.

The criteria always changes when UConn is involved. Listening to the Baylor coach talk about needing more southerners on the committee is probably telling as a Yankee school like us winning titles in multiple sports is probably very threatening.

Reaction Score
We are the best school out there without a home and have been for a while, people can come up with any bogus reason they want about why we aren't a good fit, the fact is we are the best fit possible. President Herbst and Warde shouldn't be working the phones, they should be at Bi12 headquarters laying out what we offer to the president and every commissioner in the league. I don't give a sh_t which P5 conference it is as long as we find a seat at the table. I think sometimes we just look at it like only Connecticut people recognize what UConn offers, this just isn't the case. We are a national brand and my Big 10 Big 12 fans can't believe we are just sitting here without a conference, even my Cuse friends who detest UConn are clueless as to why we are just sitting here without a life raft.

H

huskymagic

We are the best school out there without a home and have been for a while, people can come up with any bogus reason they want about why we aren't a good fit, the fact is we are the best fit possible. President Herbst and Warde shouldn't be working the phones, they should be at Bi12 headquarters laying out what we offer to the president and every commissioner in the league. I don't give a sh_t which P5 conference it is as long as we find a seat at the table. I think sometimes we just look at it like only Connecticut people recognize what UConn offers, this just isn't the case. We are a national brand and my Big 10 Big 12 fans can't believe we are just sitting here without a conference, even my Cuse friends who detest UConn are clueless as to why we are just sitting here without a life raft.

Agree 100% with everything you said. Susan and Warde Manuel need to be at B12 headquarters ASAP preferably once a week until they get notified of our impending acceptance into the B12. A dual pitch with Cincinnati. Then Warde Manuel will have earned his job and an all you can eat buffet for life:eek:.

Reaction Score
First rule of CR: there needn't be logic
Unfortunately the second rule is duck* UConn
Problem is OUR FOOTBALL PROGRAM STINKS!!! I said this when all the CR stuff was going on and some on here swore up in down our football program was in good shape and just as deserving as Rutgers,Pittsburgh,Louisville etc. and the reason we were snubbed was jealousy,envy,hate etc. Id love to see us in a p5 conference especially the big 10 but its going to be difficult with a terrible football program which is the prime mover in all this realignment.

Reaction Score
The criteria always changes when UConn is involved. Listening to the Baylor coach talk about needing more southerners on the committee is probably telling as a Yankee school like us winning titles in multiple sports is probably very threatening.

He's talking about the B1G's influence. He doesn't seem to realize that OSU is such a huge school, so many fans and eyeballs, that schools like that drive the entire money making machine everywhere. Baylor is a pipsqueak by comparison.

Reaction Score
Going back years I felt we should be selling ourselves to the Big12, now with the FB program arguably the worst in the country, of course the 12 tis talking about expanding. Of course.

All hands on deck on this one. Take less money, whatever it takes.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't the Big 12 want us? Why would they want Memphis over us? What the hell does Memphis bring to the table? Absolutely nothing. They have no good programs at all in any sports. Just don't understand why we consistently get left holding our D*ck.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We're almost 2,000 miles from Austin, Texas - probably 1,800 miles from Norman, Oklahoma. And our football team is the worst in the country right now.

As per usual, timing and geography are the two white whales of UConn realignment.

I'm not buying Memphis at all, but I can see Cincy, UCF or BYU.

More importantly to us...maybe Notre Dame starts to wonder if they can make a playoff without a conference championship.

Reaction Score
If we strike out with the Big 12 we need to get into the Big East. Seriously we can't possibly stay in the AAC.

Reaction Score
I'll help to pay in order to get in the Big 12..I'm sick of this lower level conference stuff.

Reaction Score
Fishy's got it right, IMO. Our best chance is likely ND feeling slighted after going 11-1 with no championship game. They are the next key cog that can impact us in a positive way, because the Big 12 is not it.

Reaction Score
Our football program will sink all other programs. The P5 will dominate and we already see what impacts conferences have on BBall recruiting. With the AAC to become an even bigger joke, UConn will be DOOMED.

Reaction Score
If we strike out with the Big 12 we need to get into the Big East. Seriously we can't possibly stay in the AAC.

With the football program the laughing stock of the NCAA, it will sink all other programs. Football is the reason we have been left out of the B1G, ACC, Big 12 and all the others. UCONN should scrap the program all together. That's the ONLY way back to the Big East.

Reaction Score
We're almost 2,000 miles from Austin, Texas - probably 1,800 miles from Norman, Oklahoma. And our football team is the worst in the country right now.

As per usual, timing and geography are the two white whales of UConn realignment.

I'm not buying Memphis at all, but I can see Cincy, UCF or BYU.

More importantly to us...maybe Notre Dame starts to wonder if they can make a playoff without a conference championship.

With ND getting zillions of dollars to be on TV as an independent, I don't see them wavering on their stance. If that were to change, they would be full members of the ACC in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom