B.East | The Boneyard

B.East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
would be cool if they went with that as the new conference name...
a nice little nod to the Big East roots and a big ol' to those Catholic Schools.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think the Beast is a great conference name. It would be b etter if the teams were a little meatier but it still beats American Ninja Squad 12 or whatever the nom du jour is today.

Reaction Score
I think the Beast is a great conference name. It would be b etter if the teams were a little meatier but it still beats American Ninja Squad 12 or whatever the nom du jour is today.
If we wanted to go with corporate sponsorship, too, Beast is great. Just have Milwaukee's Best be our sponsor.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The Beast is actually not that bad comparatively. I still like that "Sun Beast" logo that used to pop up here every now and again (I think it was uconnbaseball that used to post it, if I'm not mistaken). As others have mentioned, it would kick off some great sponsors and lines:

1) The Sun Beast Conference, brought to you by Milwaukee's Best and Best Buy
or
2) Welcome to ESPN's "SEC - SBC Challenge"

I like it infinitely better than the A-12...

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I love the Sun Beast. I'd kill to see a series of commercials starring that little guy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Seriously Marty, send an email to Aresco. This is a good idea. Downside, it still rhymes with least and there are a ton of beast jokes possible, but it does preserve our history, and is immediately marketable.

No Sun, no number, just "The Beast."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sunbeast is a long running edsbs bit. You'd need to add some Sun Belt teams for it to really make sense.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Sunbeast is a long running edsbs bit. You'd need to add some Sun Belt teams for it to really make sense.

So....in two weeks, then? ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The B.East is terrific! Could debate against this rendition: B.east! or B#east!

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
As much as people would make fun of "The Beast" I have to say that I love it. So many of these conferences take themselves so seriously trying to be all patriotic with their names and division titles (Leaders and Legends? Really?). I'd be much more in favor of Beast than America 12 which sounds like a losing boat at the America's Cup race.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that thinks this is the dumbest idea ever? Why would we want a name that's essentially the same as another conference? Blaze a new trail, and lift the conference name to prominence. I know people probably aren't serious about this, but even suggesting it makes us look like we're living in the past. Move on.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that thinks this is the dumbest idea ever? Why would we want a name that's essentially the same as another conference? Blaze a new trail, and lift the conference name to prominence. I know people probably aren't serious about this, but even suggesting it makes us look like we're living in the past. Move on.
lighten up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104