Azzi's New NIL Deal | The Boneyard

Azzi's New NIL Deal

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She has an Instagram up today kicking off her participation in a drive for women's retirement equality sponsored by TIAA. The program has been up for a while with a number of sports personality including Dawn Staley. I don't know how to get the Instagram up here. The program heads up the company's home page.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sounds more like a Public Service Announcement than a Traditional NIL deal.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's an investment company pitching women's IRAs etc.
And in becoming a “spokesperson” for them, she should be rewarded handsomely. That is the idea behind NIL partnerships. ;) I’m happy for both of them and any of our other players lucky enough to score a NIL deal.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sounds more like a Public Service Announcement than a Traditional NIL deal.
Their partnership with Azzi and Evina is already paying off. Look at the advertising and exposure they’ve received. I never heard of this company before watching these videos. You probably havn't either. See, it's working already. :)

Reaction Score
TIAA/CREF was known as the "Alternate Retirement Plan" at UConn when I was hired in 1986. I chose it over the state retirement plan because at that time the state plan required 10 years of employment to become vested. It turned out to be a big mistake, and after I retired the university began allowing TIAA/CREF members to buy-in to the state plan.

Reaction Score
Can you point me to the men's IRAs? I bet y'all get better rates of return. :rolleyes:
I haven't looked yet, but I bet this company has investment strategies that ideally compensate for women being paid less than men and therefore retiring with smaller nest eggs. Now, I'm certain they make the same pitch for anyone, but their target here is women.

Reaction Score
Great to see this pitch for women's retirement. Given the changes in % of women undergraduates, and more so in graduate programs, and women not letting children get in the way of a career, things may look quite different a few years down the road. Re TIAA/CREF, their investment programs have done well for my partner and I.

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I haven't looked yet, but I bet this company has investment strategies that ideally compensate for women being paid less than men and therefore retiring with smaller nest eggs. Now, I'm certain they make the same pitch for anyone, but their target here is women.
My retirement is with TIAA, and I can assure you that there isn't a separate investment track for women and men.

Sorry, I thought the :rolleyes: had me covered.

Reaction Score
There are many investment companies that charge way too much in fees. TIAA offers relatively low cost options that makes achieving retirement goals far more likely, so I am glad they are partnering with a company that offers good solutions and has a good reputation.

Reaction Score
My retirement is with TIAA, and I can assure you that there isn't a separate investment track for women and men.

Sorry, I thought the :rolleyes: had me covered.
I'm certain they make the same pitch for anyone.... That's why I said this. Choosing women here accompanied by the pitch to women simply means they are targeting women in this instance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom